Chapter Six

The Girl

-JACK-

I was drunk on the Briny Deep*, soaked to the bone, and one bad decision away from Davy Jones' Locker*. Ara had wiped the men from my ship with a single gesture before thrusting us out into the open waters, before collapsing to the ground with neigh an explanation for her strange, yet powerful abilities to call lady depths to her beck and call. And now I was left with the realization that this lass* was as daft as she was dangerous.

"Sink me..." I murmured into the dark night, ducking down to stare at this girl with hair of fire, who whispers the ocean into her control. My fingers hovered above her moonlight-painted skin, suddenly desperate to know what it felt like.

I shouldn't have stood so close to something so clearly dangerous. But she was alluring, seeming to tug at my insides and threaten to turn me mad if I let her.

Women make animals of us all if we let our guards down for even a moment. Yanking my hand back, I stood up and wrapped Ara into a tarp, to keep the wind at bay before lifting and carrying her below deck.

Kicking the door to the captain's quarters open, I gently rolled her free on the mattress before pulling my quilted blanket over her. Then I turned and left the room, refusing myself another look. Her beauty could rip a man's sanity to pieces.

Back on deck, I settled at the helm with shaky hands, the truth of what I had seen clear in my mind. Ara is no helpless creature... and if that's true, what did I just help save?

---

Thank you for reading chapter six! I hope you are enjoying the story! Or are at least curious to see where it goes! Add this story to your reading list to know when the next chapter drops!

UPDATE DAYS - A NEW CHAPTER EVERY SUNDAY!

Pirate Words:

Briny Deep - The ocean depths

Davy Jones' Locker - Death/ where the dead live at the bottom of the ocean

Lass - Lady

Sink Me - Crap