Day Five: Winter Wonderland

Closing the door to the girl's bedroom, you lean against the wall and watch Sy as he stokes the fire. It was one of the reasons he booked this little cabin, he had said you couldn't spend a week in the mountains without a real fire.

He's hunched over, placing a fresh log into the back of the hearth, using the poker to get the position right. You smile at the seriousness of his expression. Sy is not immune to the almost primal male instinct to build a fire.

You can't deny that it ignites a primal urge in you too, his handsome face is so enthralling as it's lit by the flickering light of the flames. Your eyes slide over his back, it looks so broad beneath the steel grey thermal undershirt, and the lines of his arse and thighs are barely hidden by his matching grey long underwear. His feet are covered in thick woollen socks, and everything about him looks so cosy warm, you love snuggling up to his pleasantly soft belly and being held in his strong, firm arms.

Using his uncanny ability to know when he's being watched, he turns to you with a mischievous grin. "Are the girls asleep?"

You nod. "They're exhausted. It was a big day. I don't think we'll have trouble getting them to sleep this week, even though they aren't in their own beds."

Sy hums, his tone is deep and satisfied. He sits back on his bum, his are legs stretched out in front of him, and he puts his arm out, beckoning you to him with his familiar jerk of his head and curl of his fingers. You sit next to him on the plush rug in front of the fire, his arm wraps around your shoulders, drawing you close until his chin rests on the top of your head.

"They had a good time today," Sy states with a note of pride in his voice.

"They really did, Noah," you agree. "Although Pippa now thinks that Santa comes twice a year."

Sy chuckles softly. He lifts his head and tucks his fingers under your chin, lifting your gaze to his. "And what about you, Baby? Was your White Christmas what you'd thought it'd be?" His blue eyes gaze intently at you, and your heart skips in your chest. As much as Sy had said he wanted to take the girls to a Christmas in July celebration, you had your suspicions that he'd done it for you, and his need for reassurance confirmed that.

Raising your hand to his cheek, you scratch gently at his bearded jaw before guiding his lips to yours. "This is perfect, Noah. Thank you."

Grinning proudly, he kissed you back, his hand wrapping gently around your neck. His soft moan and tender touch hint at how he wants to have you tonight. He whispers in your ear. "Ever made love on a rug in front of a fire?"

You shake your head, your breath catching as his lips caress the shell of your ear.

"Wanna?" Sy asks lowly, sliding his hand under your shirt, cupping your breast, his thumb circling your nipple through your bra.

"Always."