Chapter 3 - Baby Bakugo

(Killua/Katsuki POV)
I wasn't quite sure we're I was anymore. In fact I don't remember anything. Weird? The only thing I can seem to recall is something being taken away, something important. Before that... nothing. How did I get here? Who am I? The answers to these questions are on the tip of my tongue. Only, when I try to reach for them, the memories run away from me.

What happened? I feel like something bad happened, but what is it?

I felt myself be picked up and taken into someplace warm. What is this place? The walls and floors were made of wood with different aria rugs everywhere. Nothing in this place matched, almost like they simply took whatever they could get. No caring about anything else like weather or not it matched with the rest of the house.

The brown haired woman with a bigger build, who picked me up, took me up stairs to a room filled with sleeping children.

"Don't worry little Katsuki," she said. "I'm sure we can find a nice home for you."

'Katsuki?' Is that my name? It dose not sound quite right.

After that the woman left me in a baby crib and went to go check on the other sleeping kids, before walking out of the room.

Something isn't right. Their is something missing. What is it? Why can't I find it? Give it back to me. I want it back. Unable to speak, I began crying out. Longing for something I don't even remember. But something I know I needed.

Quickly the woman from before rushed into the room and took me into her arms, trying to calm me down. But It didn't work.

Desperate to calm me down before I woke up the other children she began searching through some kind of bag. It felt familiar... but I couldn't remember why.

After a minute of searching, she pulled out some kind of frog plushie and gave it to me. Immediately I shoved my face into it and calmed down. There was something about it. The way it smelled maybe? Why did it all feel so familiar?

Seeing that I was calm, she put me back into the crib and left the room.

Just like that, I felt a sudden wave of drowsiness and fell asleep. I never once let go of that frog, almost like it was a lifeline for me. Why is that? No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to remember. Almost like my mind is surrounded by a dense fog.

**********

It's been two years since then. I was now 5 years old and I still take that frog plushie everywhere I go. I don't really care about the other orphans here. But some of the ones my age or younger then me tend to follow me around. I don't really get why, they just do.

Today I'm going to be meeting people who are wanting to be my parents. The Bakugo family I think? I'm not sure why, but the thought of having a family makes me feel sick to my stomach. Even though all the foster kids here keep complaining about how no family that takes them in ever keeps them for long. I don't want one.

I make my way to the potential family room. Witch mostly consisted of a plain table with four cushioned chairs and a small window.

I went inside to see a woman with spiky blond hair and a man with flatter brown hair. Aside from them and myself the only other person in the room was the orphanage detector, or the woman who first took me in.

"Katsuki this is Mr and Miss Bakugo", the Orphanage Director spoke. "They are thinking about adopting you."

"Hi" I said.

"Nice to meet you Katsuki," the woman smiled. "What do you think about all this?" She asked, "would you want to come home with us?"

"I don't care," I said clutching onto my frog plushie a bit tighter. "It's not like I have a choice".

That seemed to surprise the couple a bit. But as soon as the sock wore off they both turned to each other and smiled.

"I think he will be a perfect fit for us". They said to the orphanage director smiling.

......They're wired....

"Wonderful!!" The director shouted with glee. I knew she has been worried about me for a while now.

Afterall, I'm almost 5. The age when kids begin to develop their quirk. With orphans, once they develop their quirk it's common for them to be moved into foster care. Their are so many kids in foster care that unless the family considers you a 'perfect angel' you most likely won't be adopted. Put that together with my..... unique personality. I'm basically guaranteed to remain an orphan for the rest of my life.

"Katsuki why don't you go and pack your things while Mr and Miss Bakugo do some paperwork?" The orphanage director suggested.

"Fine", I sighed then went to get my stuff. I didn't have much. Just an extra change of cloths the orphanage gave me and a backpack full of random things that I was found with.

In the backpack was a pair of cloths way to big for me, a pair or yo-yo's that I can lift easily but everyone else says they are way too heavy, a wired black box that I can't seem to open, and the frog plushie that I already take everywhere.

So quickly I got everything together and walked back to the room my new parents were in.

I still don't like the idea of having parents, but it's better then having to fight with the other kids, for every little scrap, the rest of my life. 

After the paperwork was finished and I was now legally known as Katsuki Bakugo, everything else seemed to pass in a blur.

I was in a car with my 'parents' and driving away from the orphanage. Then we were arriving at their house. Or I guess my house now? Next thing I knew they left me in my new room so I could 'settle'.

'Sure that is a wonderful idea, leave a 5 year old child alone in a strange and new place. These people are going to be such great parents' - (note the sarcasm)

The room itself was simple. With wood floors, a small bed and desk. Their were multiple stuffed animals on the bed, a simple wood dresser in the closet, and the bathroom was next door.

Immediately I went to the bed, put all the other stuffed animals under the bed, and put my frog plushie next to my pillow. All I need is this one.

After putting the rest of my stuff in their appropriate places I sat down on the bed

..... I guess this is my life now?