Chapter 4 - Gon's Fate

(3rd Person POV)
The man wearing black holding a crying baby Gon walked into an abandoned part of the city after dropping off Killua/Katsuki at the orphanage.

Eventually he turned a corner and walked down a alleyway towards a building that looked like it was on the verge of collapsing.

"Your back" someone yelled from down the hall as soon as the man enters the building. He was wearing a white lab-coat, black shirt, and jeans. He had slicked back black hair and brown eyes.

"Ya and I got another one for you today." The man in black carrying, a no longer crying, baby Gon said.

"Man your quirk sure can be useful when gathering appropriate test subjects," the lab-coat guy said. "What are the details on your quirk again?"

"I must have told you a hundred times by now," the man in black sighed.

"Please just one more time," the lab coat guy begged. "I promise I won't forget this time".

"Fine, but just one more time." The man gave in. "My quirk is called Age Reverse, it allows me to turn back time on my target until their a kid at age of 3. Not only dose it seal my targets memory's but it also makes it so their strength similar to how it was when they were a kid as well."

"That's right," the lab coat guy responded. "And they will gain back there original abilities over time right?"

"Yep," the guy in black confirms. "The downside is that I have to use this quirk on two people in order for it to work properly, and if they ever hear the name of the other person effected by this quirk, then they will immediately get all their memories back."

"Oh I forgot about that!", the lab coat guy yelled. "So what is the name we have to avoid saying around this little guy?" The lab coat guy gestured to Gon.

"Katsuki", the man in black whispers in the lab coat guys ear so baby Gon can't hear it.

"Got it, I'll be sure to put that in his record. " the lab coat guy nods. "So what is this kids his name anyway?"

"Gon."

"Well hello G3-5", the lab coat guy says in a baby voice to Gon. Giving him a code name in the process. "Welcome to your new home, we will be sure to put you to good use", the lab coat guy says as he takes Gon and walks away, leaving the man dressed in black behind.

——————————————

(Gon's POV - he is 5 years old now)

The first memory I have is being taken away from someone very important. But for some reason, I feel like I should have memories before that. But I can't remember them and I don't know why.

Then I remember a dark place surrounded by creepy shadows, and the word Gon. But I don't know what that word means. Is it a name? It can't be my name, because I already have one. My name is G3-5. But I still like the word Gon, but whenever I ask what that word means I always get in trouble.

I have a lot of friends to. For as long as I can remember I have lived in this place with all of my friends. The floors and walls are always shiny with our beds being in the room next to us. But there are a lot of toys in this room and playing with my friends everyday is so much fun.

It's just, after I turned 5, some of my friends started leaving.

The adults said that they were giving them a quirk test? After that they disappeared. I wonder what happened to them?

All the adults here are wired, they all wear blue masks that cover their mouth and nose and wear white coats everywhere.

Ohh that's right!! I also have a secret to. I can hear what the adults are talking about outside the door that they always come out of. It's my secret so I have not told anyone yet. Hehehe 🤭

I suddenly heard footsteps outside the door. So I quickly ran up to it and listened to what the adults were talking about.

"How did M5-7 do?" One of the adults asked as they were walking by.

"Another failure, despite the theory that a child's body can theoretically adapt better then a full grown adult, the results remain the same."

"There is still time, we haven't finished experimenting."

"I know, I'm just worried. If we don't produce results soon then we may disappoint the boss."

"Creating a Nomu strong enough to defeat Allmight is easier said then done."

"I know", sigh. "I just wish we had better results."

"The next group of test subjects are almost ready. We should get some decent results with them."

"Maybe your right."

"Of course I'm right." The lady said just before they were to far away for me to hear.

What we're they talking about? They used so many big words that I don't understand.

——————————————

For the next few weeks, one by one all my friends left the room and did not come back. Where did they go? No matter who I ask I always get the same answer.

"They went to the Nomu house."

What is the Nomu house? No matter what I say they won't answer that question.

So one by one, all my friends left. Then one day, I was the only one left in the room. All my friends left me behind.... I'm alone.

The next day the adults came and took me to a wired room. The room had big machines and computers. The put me down on a bed surrounded by a giant white tube and told me to lie down.

The giant tube started to spin around me and when it was done it made a loud BEEB, that made me flinch with my sensitive hearing. The adults took me out of the machine and looked at the computer.

"QUIRKLESS!?!" One of them shouted, "HOW CAN HE BE QUIRKLESS!!"

"Great all those resources wasted."

"Isn't there something we can do to make up for this?"

"Quirkless people are useless as test subjects, the most we can do at this point in time is to just sell him."

"Is that really the only option we have?"

"We could just give this kid to Professor X. He may be able to use him."

"Good idea."

"Professor X will know what to do."

.....Who is professor X?