Chapter 8 - Entrance Exam(Part 1)

(Bakugo POV)
I am in front of the doors to UA High, ready to take the entrance exam. This is it, the best of the best. I walk in to see stupid Deku in front of me.

This shitty nerd he is going to get himself killed. Without a quirk he is useless. Just like with the Sludge Villain before, he couldn't do anything. Why is he even trying when he is clearly not strong enough to be here.

I shove past him, "OUT OF MY WAY DEKU!!" I glare at him and see his panicked face before I turn my back on him. I hate seeing him so scared but still willing to fight back, without a quirk he will die for sure. But he can't seem to learn that he could die. He dose not belong in this world.

After going through the gates I am given my Entrance Exam card and make my way towards the auditorium for the Hero Course Exam Orientation. Every applicant should have already taken an online written exam a few days before. So being as ready as I can be I find my seat, and sit down while waiting for everything to start. I close my eyes and relax while the other examinees file in and take their seats one by one.

But as always, when I am alone with my thoughts, abstract fragments form in my mind. Time and time again I have tried reaching out for these pieces but they disappear as soon as I reach them. And when they do disappear I am hit with a wave of loneliness.

Why? I want to stop asking this question. I have been asking this question all my life and the answer has never appeared. I'm so tired of feeling this way, but it never disappears. Actually, I think it's getting worse.

The best I can do now is just distract myself, and hopefully I can forget about it for a little bit. But even if I distract myself, these feelings never fade.

Eventually, the lights dim and a teacher begins making his way on stage. I am unpleasantly surprised to find Deku next to me when I open my eyes. I glare at him a bit, then look to the front to pay attention to what is going to happen.

"What's up candidates!!! Thanks for tuning in to me your school DJ!!! Come on and let me hear ya!!?"

"Yaa!!" A single examinee in the crowd shouted. It made me snort with amusement that they were the only one willing to yell out.

"Ya!! we got one listener out there!! Now let's skip straight to the main show, let's talk about how this Practical Exam is going to go down. Are you ready!!!"

"Yaaa!!!" The same singular voice shouted out... I like that person's way of not caring about what people think.

I hear Deku muttering beside me and can practically feel the stars in his eyes from his idolization of the hero-teacher. It's irritating on a whole new level to listen to him mutter and my good mood from the random person yelling despite the silence is immediately soured.

"Will you shut up" I complain to Deku.

"You guys will be doing ten minute mock battles in supper hip urban settings!!" The hero goes on. "Ok ok, let's check out your targets. There are three types of opponents in every battle center and you will be given a number of points based on their level of difficulty, so better chose wisely. Your goal in this challenge is to raise your score and shred these foe villains like a mid-song guitar solo. But make sure you are keeping things heroic, attacking examinees is a U.A. no no. Ya dig?"

"Excuse me sir, but I have a question?" Another Examinee asked.

"Hit me!!" The teacher responded.

"On the printout, it says there are four types of villains not three. With all due respect, if this is an error on official UA materials, it is shameful. We are finest students and we expect the best of Japans top school. A mistake such as this will not do." He then turned and pointed at Deku, "additionally you with the unkempt hair. You have been muttering this entire time, stop that. You are being a distraction for the rest of us."

"Alright, alright examinee number 7111," The teacher interrupted. "Thanks for calling in with your request. That guys worth is zero points and is just an obstacle we will be throwing in your way. There's one in every battle center, and you can think of it as a hurdle you should try to avoid. It's not that it can't be beaten, but there's- kinda no point. I recommend my listeners try to ignore it and focus on the ones top of the charts."

"Thank you very much, please continue."

"That's all for you today, so I'll sign off and let you listeners get ready. Let's hear a !!!PLUS ULTRA!!!"

"!!Plus Ultra!!!" That one examinee yelled again.

"Good luck!! Hope you practiced hitting more that just books." He finished then dismissed us to find our Battle Centers.

I started making my way towards battle center A. I'm looking forward to crushing everyone and showing all of them who is the best. After all their can only be one Number 1 Hero, and I will not fail.