Hell-- hello

The bell rang and echoed all over the school. John looked to his side with his chin resting on his hand. He sat alone in the cafeteria quietly eating his lunch unlike most of the people inside. It was boring and he somehow felt like he is being laughed at again. He became anxious and looked around but it was just his him overthinking things. A Table far from John, a group of girls is being gleeful and oblivious about the world around them.  Laughing about how stupid their rich, pushover parents are. They’re giggling over their parents about not buying them the right phone and the right car. The most popular of them is Kate. A young, tender woman with brown hair and a tanned tone of skin and puts too much make up on her face. A girl any guy would want to fuck.

“Hey Kate, if you were given a chance… Who’s the guy you will fuck inside this room?” Ask one of her stuck-up, bitch friends.

“Ew… I won’t have sex with anyone here.” She replied.

“Oh come on…” Her friend insisted.

“No really. It looks like all boys here are disgusting.”

“Really? How about that guy?”

Her friend pointed at a fat guy with glasses playing a PS Vita.

“Ew, no. That’s disgusting.” Kate said.

“How about that guy?”

She pointed at John sitting on a far table.

“I guess he’s okay. He looks like he has problems though.” She assumed.

Her whole group began to join the conversation, daring her to have sex with John.

“Tell you what… We dare you to fuck him and…”

“And what?” Kate asked.

“We would treat you at a spa and that sleeping with sirens concert you’ve always wanted to go to.”

Everyone in her group cheered for her to the dare.

“It’s not worth it.” Kate replied.

“How about we bring Chase along with you on that concert and leave you two alone?”

Kate sighed and strokes her hair. She looked at her friends with thrilled faces, waiting for her answer.

“Why not.”

Her friends began cheering and became oblivious to their surroundings again. Thinking this is just a joke and no real harm would be done. Kate looked at John again and noticed he is talking to someone. Kate asked her friend who he's talking to, but she doesn’t know either. Over at John’s table, standing right in front of him is Alice, holding her tray with her lunch.

“Hi. May I sit with you?” Asked Alice.

“Uhh… Sure.” John responded.

“Thank you.”

Alice sat down with a blissful smile on her face. She begins to open the paper wrapped around her burger and ate. John is slowly becoming anxious as he is not comfortable having someone sit in front of him. He begins to lower his head and rest his elbow on the table with his hand on the back of his head.

“Are you okay?” Questioned Alice

“I’m sorry. Who are you again?” Eagerly asked by John.

Alice smiled and took something out of her pocket. It’s a pen. The pen she dropped and John picked up for Alice days ago.

“I’m the girl who sits behind you in our history class. See? You picked up this pen for me when it fell off my desk.” She answered him nicely.

“It’s just a pen.” John said.

“It’s not just a pen. It’s the first time someone helped me with something and I find it really special that someone like you would do that for me.” Alice happily responded to John.

“Is this girl crazy stupid or something? Can’t she take a hint that I don’t want to be around someone right now? It’s just a fucking pen. Oh my god I need to get out of here.” John thought to himself.

“I’m finally talking to him! I’m so glad I get to talk to him now! I can’t believe it. And we’re having lunch together! That’s so romantic! I will cherish this moment forever as long as I live.” Alice thought to herself

It’s almost time for class again. John looked at his wrist watch and excused himself. He stood up and walks away with Alice still holding that smile on her face. She is very glad she got to communicate with him today.

“What the fuck was that? Can’t that girl take a hint? At least I get to have an excuse to leave her presence. Seriously… What the fuck is up with that? It’s just a fucking pen. That’s so fucking corny.”

As john is about to leave the hall, he looked back and saw that Alice is looking at him with a nice gentle smile but somehow, John felt something ominous about with her.