Middle School Flashback

It has now been a couple years ever since me and Tobio-kun have first met. Me and him have gotten a lot closer ever since then, and I'm very grateful for that fact. It was a normal day today, me and him walking to school together, going to our classes, and then after school we always went to the park near my apartment building and just sat on the swings. Sometimes we have fun and Tobio ends up pushing me on the swings, and we joke around a lot. I love spending time with him so much, and I'm sad when I'm not near him. I found out from telling mom about how I feel for Tobio-kun that I'm 'In love with him,' but I don't really know what that means. The only love I know is for family. If that's what my mom was talking about, then of course I love him.

When we reached the park we went to the swings like normal, but Tobio was acting a bit strange today. He was acting shyer than usual. And his face was red every time we made eye contact. I looked at him when we sat on the swings and he was looking at the ground, so I did the same. I kept on overthinking the situation, thinking things like, "What if he doesn't want to be friends anymore?," "Did I do something wrong?," "Is he mad at me?" And all these other questions that just kept filling my head. I felt my vision start to blur, and I knew right away I was about to cry. I was about to get up, scared that he was going to say something I didn't want to hear, until his voice stopped me.

"(Y/n)?" He asked, still looking at the ground.

"Y-yes T-Tobio-kun?" I asked back, still looking at the ground as well.

"I like you!"

"Y-You what..?"

"I really like you (y/n)!" He confessed, finally looking up at me.

"Tobio..."

"You don't have to say anything back but, can we still please be friends..? That's all that matters to me..." He said.

When he realized how quiet I was, he looked over at me. I'm sure he saw how shocked I was. But seeing as he had a disappointed look on his face, he must not have seen how red my face was. He then looked down at the ground and started to get up out of the swing he was sitting in. When I noticed, I was quick to react and grabbed his wrist before he got too far.

"CHOTTO MATTE!!" I yelled at him. He looked back at me with a face I had never seen or expected before. For the first time in my life I saw tears in his eyes. But he was quick to look back forward.

"(Y/n)..?"

"Eto.." I said, my grip getting tighter as I looked at the ground embarrassed.

As a few seconds of silence overtook us he decided to finally break it by asking me if I was okay.

"What is it? Is something the matter?" He asked as he still looked forward, keeping his gaze away from mine.

"Look," I started, releasing my hold on his wrist. "I don't know anything about liking someone. I've never had a 'crush' or anything. I've looked up to people and said 'I love you' many times, but it was family and friend kind of love. I'm very new to knowing and experiencing those kinds of feelings but...all I know is that you're very important to me Kageyama. I always look forward to seeing you and talking with you. I love even the little moments we share whether it is sitting by each other in silence, walking together, or even stealing glances. I love each one of those moments we share. I don't know if what I feel for you is liking or loving in the way you feel for me but...I know that I don't ever want to be split apart from you. I want us to share many more memories together. Whether it be laughing, crying, getting mad, being happy, or even just moments we don't have any emotions. I'm sad when we aren't together and overjoyed when we are. I don't care what our future passions are, I want to experience everything together with you. Maybe I do like you in the way you like me, or maybe I only like you as a friend. Either way I want to make you happy so..." I then leaned in and connected our lips. It was my first kiss ever. It was short, but felt like it lasted forever. I could feel it, I could feel a connection between us in that little couple of seconds we had.

As I pulled away from him, completely embarrassed, I looked away from him. I could tell he was staring at me, questioning what just happened, not being able to process it. But I just couldn't gather up the courage to look at him.

It was quiet for a couple minutes before I heard him call my name. I was still too embarrassed to face him, but I knew I had to eventually.
"(Y/n)," He whispered. "Do you really mean it? Everything you just said, it was all true right? It wasn't a joke?"

"U-um..U-uh..t-that was..i-it was all true..." I whispered the last part.

"Oh god, wait, I'm not just imagining things am I? This isn't a dream is it? Cause if so..I never wanna wake up again."

I couldn't help but giggle. I never knew the great Kageyama Tobio could say such a thing. I couldn't ever imagine it. But yet here we are.

"Pfft- you dork! Haha!" I started to laugh uncontrollably.

"W-what is it? What's s-so funny (y/n)?!" He started to get embarrassed again.

"N-Nothing, Don't worry!" I said, trying to calm back down.

"U-um do you think I could maybe hold your hand...?" He asked me.

"Sure! I actually should be heading back home anyway." I said, grabbing his hand and squeezing it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~