5.

It was graduation day, the day that Somang dreaded. She didn't let her sadness show and instead smiled, took pictures with her teachers and joyfully told her classmates goodbye. The day was almost done and Somang found herself retreating from the crowd of students and parents to go to the school's garden where she sat alone on a bench.

Twirling the bouquet of flowers in her hand that she stared at with unfocused eyes. At the sound of footfalls behind her, she craned her neck to see the person and spotted San who approached.

"Hey, congrats on finally finishing school," San grinned, taking a seat next to her. When he only recieved a sad smile in return, his own grin dropped. "What's wrong?"

She let out a heavy sigh and kicked a small stone by her feet. "Today's the day that I meet him. The one and only Lee Woozi, my future husband!"

She dramatically opened her hands in front of her, still clutching the flowers. "My parents are having dinner at our house and I don't wanna meet him. Oh San, what if he's a horrible person? But I'm forced to stay with him for the rest of my life. Eomma says that in two months, the wedding will take place. And he will not only take over his family's business but as well as ours, alongside me. But I don't wanna do that, I want to write. I want to travel the world. What did I do, San? Why do I have to be trapped like this?"

San gave her a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Sometimes life is cruel to us. But we got to either accept defeat and go about living somebody else's life or we can fight it and make our own destiny. I know you can't bream off this marriage to Woozi but that doesn't mean it has to be hell." He felt like snorting at that comment but continued. "Even if he's not a nice guy maybe you should talk to him and get your freedom, do what you want. Do what you love."

Somang's smile became more genuine towards him as she nodded. Standing up, she dusted her uniform. "Well, it's getting late and I still need to get ready. I'll leave first. Congrats on graduating too, San."

Later that evening, while she dabbed on some light makeup in her mirror she was interrupted by a light knocking on her window. She glanced behind her and smiled, her guardian angel had come.

She grinned happily as she went to open the window and let the angel in. "I knew that you'd come, because I had wished it."

The angel stand in front of her, close by and studies her facial expression. "What troubles you, my dear?"

"I'm not sure exactly what it is. Is it the fact that my family sold me to a complete stranger or the fact that my real family abandoned me? I have so many questions. So many feelings that I don't know what to do."

The angel took another step closer, cupped her face and lifted her gaze to his. "Don't cry, dear. You have a beautiful smile that'll light up anybody's day, never let it fall off. When you feel lost, look to the skies. Anytime you feel trapped in a dark space, just look to the sky. There will always be stars up there shining and even if there isn't, know that I'm watching. At the end of every dark place, there's always a light to saya new day will start. A new journey will begin. Hope is never lost so never give up, keep dreaming and it will come true."

Somang hugged the angel, catching him off guard. She squeezed him tightly before letting him go and bidding goodbye. She dusted the skirt of her dress and proceeded to go downstairs. She wore a deep, royal purple formal lace dress that had long sleeves. She looked stunning with her black raven hair curled up and reached her waist.

Once she reached the dinner hall, she greeted the Lee's and sat next to Woozi. The two began to chat and for the first time apart from San and her guardian angel, Somang found herself genuinely laughing in his company.

San watched the sight from the corner of the room and smiled. Hoping that this truly is a new beginning for her and that Somang will be happy with Woozi.

Hello fellow Dragons
Don't be a silent reader
Show some love, vote and comment

Big shout out to my lovely
ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

wineisredder for helping me with this story

An update for my lovely inky_jin hope you enjoy ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ