jul. 1995

Scientifically, no one's blood was dirty

Scientifically, no one's blood was dirty. It wasn't possible. Especially not the way that the pureblood world believed blood could be. Blood was blood.

Except hers.

Her blood was mean. Cruel. Evil. Selfish. The bane of his existence. Because it was the only thing capable of doing something no one else could ever.

Take her away from the world that she created. Take all the love, compassion, and hope she had and strip it away from everyone who loved her. From him.

She was an enigma. The world didn't deserve a soul like hers but yet she still existed. No one deserved her but yet, Sirius was given the chance to love her. Her love was quiet. But in time it slowly and deeply became the oxygen he needed to breath, live, and function. It was only fitting that once he lost her, life became suffocating.

He didn't want to be there.

She didn't believe in a higher power. Everyone in their right mind knew that she always depended on herself and that she believed people who had to trust in someone they couldn't see were desperate and foolish.

Yet here they sat, in the pews of a church, watching person after person give a speech about her.

They didn't know her like he did. No one did. Yet he had to watch from the last pew, not being able to say a single word on behalf of his late lover.

It was a beautiful cathedral, that much he could say. There were arches all around them, with a rich dark blue ceiling painted to look like the sky. The rest of the church was angelically white. Each window held a different stained glass painting; some of angels, few showed a man being crucified, and others had the devil being conquered. At the front stood a large white marble altar, a red cloth draped over the top with a book and flowers dressing them. Behind it stood a grand container that held something. Sirius didn't know what. It was covered with a blue veil. Suppose only this... God person had to know.

On the side stood a very detailed wooden lectern where Nuna's uncle was holding in tears, trying not to cry as she talked about raising such a strong and beautiful woman. Nuna's aunt stood by him, placing two supporting hands on his shoulders.

Even through thick and thin Sirius could tell those two loved one another to the fullest. Sirius wanted that. He could've had it.

Before he could realize it, Nuna's uncle broke into another weep, falling into his wife's grasp. She cradled his head and whispered reassurance into his ear, neither of them believing the words she spoke.

It was heartbreakingly beautiful.

Delilah was there. That shocked him the most. She sat, enormous sunglasses covering her face as one of her hands held the hand of a random man he's never seen and the other cradled two sleeping babies. Probably twins.

Abril sat at a pew adjacent from where Delilah sat, being comforted by her fiancée. Sirius recognized her fiancée to be a girl who graduated Hogwarts the same year he did, however her name slipped his mind.