june 18, 1996

They were falling

They were falling.

All of them. Stupid of Astoria to think that would be it. That they would land and it'll be over. She'd be with her mum and it would be all okay.

Stupid of her to join Harry and his mates on this mission to get an orb. Draco said not to. Draco in fact stopped talking to Astoria once he realized he couldn't convince her otherwise.

The seven of them all huddled in a small group as they began to slowly stand up, taking in where they were.

Astoria looked around. It was a large dark room. Eerie noises coming here and there. In the middle of the room stood a gloomy portal, a luminescent vail inside it. Harry noticed first.

"Voices," he said. "Can you tell what they're sayin'?"

Hermoine and Ron turned to each other as Astoria turned to Luna.

"There aren't any voices, Harry," Hermione told. "Let's get out of here." She was right. To them, the room was silent as a mouse. But to Astoria and Harry, there were murmurs and whispers all around the room.

"I hear them too," Luna confessed. Okay, now three of them could hear it. Great.

"So do I," Astoria whispered. "I think this has the same logic as the thestrals."

"Harry," Hermione warned as Harry moved dangerously close, "it's just an empty archway." Harry ignored her.

"Please, Harry," Astoria begged. He quickly turned around and aimed his wand at the sky.

"Get behind me!" he shouted. Immediately everyone did, confused as to what they were pointing their wands at. Astoria, however, looked the other way to see clouds of dark energy zooming at them.

"Watch out!" she yelled. But it was too late. They lunged at them all, swarming them. Everything turned dark. All of them swung their wands around, trying to find something to aim at.

Before Astoria could even process it, something grabbed her and when the darkness faded away, Harry was laying on the ground clutching the orb with his life while the six of them were gathered separately in a circle around him, a death eater holding them all back.

"Hello, Astoria," the woman holding her by the neck with a wand against her aorta cooed into her ear. "Lovely to see you again."

Astoria yelled. She knew that voice anywhere. She looked up to see her Aunt Delilah, grinning as Astoria kept resisting.

"Did you actually believe," Lucius suddenly appeared walking up to Harry, his cane stomping down after every few words, "or were you actually naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us?" Neville's nose was running as Lucius reached his palm out for Harry. "I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy. Now. Or watch your friends die."