Chapter 11

The captain of the village guards followed with Master O'tet Roto

The captain of the village guards followed with Master O'tet Roto. Menshi D'amunsa stopped Master O'tet Roto and turned to his son with instructions to prepare half of the Honto dust they had in the Yakunko guard's protection.  

'The agenda now will be to give chief Chenoya and the council of elders what they needed to protect themselves, their wives and their children. However, there is no doubt that the traitor responsible for poisoning these trees move among them... and within a period of three days from now, they must deliver whoever it is.'

'Three days? That's not possible...!' Came Menshi Yudo Ramundo as Captain Oggun of the village guard started away to meet his special escort team of four Yakunko Warriors. They go on their wildebeests and started away.

'The wild is headed our way... so they said!' Menshi Yudo replied reasonably. 'And if so, tonight, tomorrow or the next day... So, Chief Chenoya and his men must carry out a thorough day and night search and inspection.'

'What if they fail...?' Came Master O'tet Roto.

'I know what to do next.'

'What is that so that we...?'

'Chief Chenoya will head back Down South himself and fetch the traitor's head dead or alive. And then, we shall join the war...' Came the Chief '-return to the Down south and fetch the traitor dead or alive.

'That's personal now... and yet this isn't all about you Menshi D'amunsa...' came Yudo Ramundo.

'There is a price for everything under the ancient one's watch. Fifty-five years you got... right?'
Menshi Yudo was quiet. However, the old man was right.

'Well, you simply got no idea what forty-six years of shame are. Do you?' Menshi D'amunsa asked as they started up the steps to the entrance of the long shelters of all the village council meetings.

The hall comprised of twelve elders of Marakusha and sixteen elders representatives of the down south. They sat on stone seats positioned in arcs around a three feet high square platform in the centre of the hall. The seats were organized in two semicircular portions. Three semi-circular lines of seats sat opposite another similar set on the right.

On entering, Master O'tet remained around the entrance while Menshi Yudo Ramundo and Menshi D'amunsa entered.

Chief Chenoya saw Menshi Yudo Ramundo and stood up. He did not utter a word but walked back and forth in front of his council while eyeing him with a stone gaze. He had lots to say.
Menshi D'amunsa got up on the raised white stone platform and welcomed the elders of the Down-south. He requested them to settle down...

'Because I and the rest of my Kin have come to understand that...' He began only to be shut up by Chief Chenoya's voice;

'Say nothing more to us D'amunsa. We want nothing to hear from you and the rest of your council. Only Yudo Ramundo should speak to us.'