Chapter 14

'So meditate on your dreams both of you

'So meditate on your dreams both of you. His first task and challenge will be knitting your dreams together to find hints we need to correct these challenging times.' Menshi Nwadiba spoke.  

'But I don't remember the details of my dream to the end...' Tsote spoke with his eyes shut.

'I remember everything... including yours. Remember you told me everything.' came Opit opening his eyes.

'Are you sure you remember all the details boy?'

'Yes. He told me everything!' Came Opit winking at Tsote.

'So you are the dreamer boy? And he the master of all wings... I see now.' Came the healer.

The Old man rubbed his palms and started playing with his fingers and making magical signs and symbols across Menshi Yudo Ramundo's body. He tapped this and that side of the man's ribs with one or three of his fingers. Made a sign in the air and tapped elsewhere, before sliding his palm from one shoulder to the other.

In the process, he shifted the markings across Menshi Yudo Ramundo's body into positions. And all this was visible right under his skin like tattoos.

He quickly touched his neck and clasped a marking there and somewhere else on his hand, then slid them down his arms onto Menshi Yudo Ramundo's chest and then shifted the mark to the same spot around his neck until the only marking he had on his body were on the back of his palm.

Tsote was watching everything through slightly shut eyelids.
'I am scared...' Came Tsote all of a sudden.

'There is nothing to be afraid of boy...' came the healer, Menshi Nwadiba. 'Just keep your eyes shut and don't open them whatsoever you feel or hear. Simply concentrate and... we go!' Menshi Nwadiba spoke and the boys started.

The healer started speaking in whispers but in an old language, the boys couldn't understand. The darkness seemed to thicken and the room began expanding. Menshi Nwadiba's whispers started to change into the flapping of several Honto butterflies.

At this point, the scented air clashed with the cold ripples of some wild winds. Tsote felt Goosebumps develop across his body. The flapping of Honto butterflies grew louder.

In the flapping of the Honto butterflies, he thought he could hear the voice of a young girl singing a folk song. Opit's sister Makra loved the lullaby so much! She copied it from a popular children's folk tale about an ancient beautiful woman called Nyaruko who used to catch and weave children's bad dreams. She was singing and playfully skipping around them with the wind.

Tsote wanted to open his eye but remembered Menshi Nwadiba's advice. When he focused on his dream, the ground started to fall away from under him and the song faded as well. They were rising even faster!

Meanwhile, Menshi Talu went on to strengthen his fellow elders with a promise that he was going to work hand in hand with his son to ensure that whoever was behind this theft was brought to justice along with all those who might have helped ensure the cleanliness of the theft!