Chapter 12

Early the following morning Opit Ramundo woke up so tired and unwilling to leave his bed

Early the following morning Opit Ramundo woke up so tired and unwilling to leave his bed. It was Tsote shaking him hard.  

'Wake up Opit.' He said, 'Master O'tet Roto is waiting for us at the homestead's main entrance.' Tsote tells him and tosses him a pair of pants. He knew where Opit kept everything of his because they were best friends and spent lots of time together.

'What...?' Came Opit Ramundo sitting up in bed but behaving tired and unprepared to go anywhere.

'Time to build the Honto butterflies nest.' Tsote revealed as he turns to pick a cloth for Opit. Opit got out of bed trying to hide his nakedness. Tsote tossed him his pants. Opit saw it late!

All of a sudden his pants fell over his face blinding his sight. He took it and dressed quickly while staggering this and that way.

Meanwhile, Tsote was excited about the day!
Before long they were on Master O'tet Roto's family wagon leaving Opit's family homestead. The man was in deep thought but they dared not ask him what was going on.

They were second in a row of nine ox-drawn wagons. All of them were heading to the sunflower fields for the day's harvest. On leaving, all the wagons carried Honto butterflies' nest building material and the tools necessary.

As they exited the village, Tsote looked out to the eastern horizon where the sunflower fields made a curve and touched the heights of the morning skies. All he could see was a dull orange glow stretching to the north and south of the eastern lands.

All warriors were headed for the Unnu crop fields using one of the village paths. Many other paths led out from the centre of the village sectioning the village into portions that resemble the insides of an orange. When another orange is split into two and those halves are attached to the opposite side of the main orange, the roundness obtains an oval-like shape.

This was the shape of the Marakusha village and the sunflower fields made two thick arcs on the north and south wings. From above, the whole setting resembled a human eye.

They followed a path the likes of many others through the first section of the sunflower fields. The sections were arc-shaped and four in number. A year comprised of four seasons and the sunflower arc-like sections were tilled to be ready in different seasons. So, the produce of the inner arcs of the sunflower fields fed the whole village for a whole season.

The second arc fed the whole village throughout the second season and so on to the outer arc. The harvesting cycle was constant and the sunflower crops relied on the moisture of the air.

Two lines of big trees in which millions of Honto Butterflies resided like bees inside hollow tree trunk hives, split the sunflower arcs into three groups. They were unique trees known as the Hombaki Trees.

They were used in all farms across the land because they miraculously absorbed more water than they required from the sky and the depths of the earth only to release close to half of it down into the earth around them. This guaranteed the growth of sunflower crops all seasons round.