Breaking Barriers

AN: Super lengthy but hopefully I could do justice to this scene😊 hope you like it!

——————————————————————————-

Akshara started mumbling to herself as she quickly dried her face of any lingering tears, patted down her hair and stood, racing back to where her family all sat having tea with Harshvardhan. A little in shock at the scene, Akshara searched for Arohi only to find her coming down the stairs clear of any soot and in a fresh outfit.

Arohi, extremely happy at the turn of events had taken extra care to look nice especially knowing Harshvadhan Birla, her soon to be father in law was still here.

Luck and fate was on her side and no matter what, she would get what she wanted as she always did, she gloated in her mind as she rejoined the family with a smile.

Just as she was about to sit, she felt an arm forcibly turn her around and bring her face to face with her sister or rather her beloved stepsister.

For a moment she feared her game was up. Seeing the almost crazy look on her sisters face had her worried about the future she and her luck had been working towards.

But then she remember that this was Akshara and she would never open her mouth and never cause drama. Perfect little daughter that she always pretended to be would never knowingly hurt the family. This facade often frustrated Arohi because she could not bare to see Akshara gain everyones love and attention.

But she would play along, for the sake of her future and her victory over her, she would definitely play along.

"Ouch, Akshu sambhal ke. Kya hua hai tujhe?" Crooned Arohi in fake concern.

Akshara, looking at the happy faces of her family, and the worried face of Kairav, in the last second decided to pulled her to the side.

"Abhimanyu ko mere bhare mein kya bataya hai tumne?!" Whispered Akshara. She did not want to cause a scene in front of everyone, in front of Harshvardhan Birla but seeing Arohis "concerned" face change to one of fear and arrogance, she knew there would be one no matter what she did. Today, though would be different, today for the first time in years Akshara would not back down.

"Kya matlab hai tumhara?" Arohi almost yelled. "Main Abhimanyu ko tumhare bhare mein kyun kuch bolungi? Aur Abhimanyu kyun tumhare bhare mein kuch poochega?" She taunted glaringly.

The yelling had brought the entire family around the girls to see what the ruckus was. Everything was fine moments ago, what had happened to once again cause such a scene at the Goenka mansion.

"Enough!" Manish yelled in his stern voice. "Akshara, Arohi yeh kya ho raha hai. Tum dono kya ek bhi din bina jagra kiye nahi reh sakte? Aaj ke liye itna drama kahfi hai. Jao apne kamre mein tum dono!" He ordered without even taking a moment to understand the situation.

Akshara continued to glare at Arohi. She had made up her mind to fight for her love and now nothing not even Bada papa would be able to stop her. She opened her mouth to apologize for disobeying but before she could she heard another voice.

"Nahi Bade Papa. Aaj inn dono ko koi nahi rokega. Aaj inki beech koi bhi nahi bolega" declared Kairav while giving everyone a look as if to warn them. And as everyone stared worriedly at the two sisters, Kairav made his way to Harshvardhan who continued to look at Akshara with disdain for constantly being the cause of every problem.

"Uncle apka bhi yaha rehna zaroori hai. Ab yaha jo hoga uska apke pariwar par bhi asar hoga aur aap sabka sach jaana bhi zaroori hai" Kairav requested to a confused looking harshvardhan, who replied in a nod.