Epilogue

So I was working on "From the Ruins" but then need a break from the angst (my mind is not working today) so I decided to fulfil the request of Yin1234Yang  for an epilogue. So here it is, post marriage Abhira🥰

P.S. I wanted your opinion on whether you think my chapters are okay length wise or much too long? I, sometimes think they are way too long but then I think it is needed to portray the characters better? Lemme know what you think!🤔🤔

———————

Akshara, hands on her waist, huffed in exasperation making her bangs fly off her face momentarily. She stood beside her husband, who for the past few hours had been avoiding her like the plague.

"Chidku kahi ka! Tumhare patients tumhe abhi dekhte toh confuse ho jate ki doctor ho ya panch saal ka bacha." She teased. Abhimanyu only glared at his wife before going back to his fake paperwork.

"Aur nahi toh kya? Teen ghanto se muh phulaye bete ho ab thora toh rahem khao mujhpar. Matlab itne waqt baad tumhare methi dane wali shakal dekh rahi hu ab toh iski aadat bhi nahi hai." She pulled on his cheeks and shook his head side to side while giggling.

"Akshu! Tum mujhe manane ki khoshish kar rahi ho ya aur chidane ki?" He grunted out in irritation.

She walked behind his sitting figure and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him.

"Acha ab tum hi batao main kya karu? Jaana zaroori hai na warna tum hi batao main tumhe chorke jhati hu kabhi? Aaru ki sagai hai kaal aur main bas aaj jha rahi hu, matlab bas ek raat ki baat hai na?" She tried again.

"Shayad tum bhool rahi ho ki sagai Neil ki bhi hai. Hamesha toh bahot devar ki side leti ho aur aaj chali side badalke?" Abhimanyu freed himself from her arms and walked away.

"Uuf! Neil toh mera samajdar sa devar hai lekin tum Jija-Saali ke beech kaha phas gayi hu main? Wahan jaati hu toh tum roothe ho aur yahan rukti hu toh Aaru ka din mein 10-15 calls aati hai. Abhi toh sirf tum dono ho aur mere paas zara bhi time nahi hota hai, pata nahi aage jha kar kya haal hoga mera!" She complained holding her forehead.

Seeing her tired and stressed finally thawed out Abhimanyus anger. In the year and a half since they had been married, Akshara had managed to become the very air he breathed. It was always difficult for him to be away from her for any period of time and especially so now but seeing her upset was always more difficult.

"Wahan apna khyal rakhna. Zyada kaam karne ki ya tension lene ki koi zaroorat nahi aur time pe apni dawai lena. Zara bhi laparwai ki toh seedha pick karne pahunch jaunga" he warned.

Akshara quickly ran to hug him and agreed to his every word. With her arms around his neck, she looked at his worried face and sighed.

"Abhi main thik hu. Tum aise karoge toh sabko pata chal jayega na aur humne decide kiya tha na ki sagai ke baad hi hum sabse baat karenge. Please ab toh ek achi si smile ke saath mujhe mere mayke drop karo?" Abhimanyu finally nodded and let out a smile.

"Aage joh bhi hoga, mere zindagi mein sab se zyada ahem tum hi rahoge. Chahe humari family mein kitne bhi sadasya aaye, sabse zyada pyar tumse hi karunga. Aur ab toh tumhari health ko lekar zyada careful rehna parega kyun ki tum toh khyal rakoge nahi apna" he said tucking her hair behind her ear.

Akshara smiled and hugged her husband again. She thanked god every day that she had smartened up and fought for him. As they say the best things in life are worth fighting for and Abhimanyu Birla was her very soul. They had celebrated their one year anniversary in an intimate family party and it was clear to see that time had only increased the love they cherished.