Breaking Distances-Part 2

Confession time finally!!!!🥰🥰🥰
There remains only one last part for this story but lots of stories in my head.🤣

Also expect a prologue for a new story I'm working on to come out in a few hours! A little...a lot angsty but endgame Abhira always💕

**********

Akshara sped as fast as she could but also as carefully as she could. She wasn't as worried about herself as she was about Abhimanyu. She had seen how worried and restless he got when it came to her health and safety and refused to do anything to cause him more tension or delay her confession. She had given him enough heartbreak and pain, from now on there would only be love.

Finally reaching her destination, she saw Neil smiling excitedly. Neil had always been their biggest supporter and she was glad she already had a friend in her future sasural.

"Akshara! Tum sach mein Bhai se baat karne aayi ho? Matlab kya baat karne wale ho? Phir se unhe reject.. lekin Dad ne khud—"

"NEIL!" Akshara interrupted the rollercoaster of emotions on Neils face, "I promise ab se sab thik hi hoga. Please Abhimanyu ke paas lejau mujhe?"

Neil jumped at the idea of his favourite couple finally uniting and hurriedly lead Akshara up the stairs. He was dying to see Abhimanyuas he had been during the Mask festival.

"Bhai apne room mein hai. Left mein joh pehla room hai, unka hai. Kuch bhi chahiye toh bas naam lo aur banda hazir hoga apni to-be Bhabhi ki madad ke liye!" He grinned at a blushing Akshara and with that he left, saying a little prayer on the way.

Akshara leaned her guitar on the wall and stood in front of the door, her heart beat speeding up and not for the first time she wondered if Abhi would ever forgive her. She finally raised her hand to reach for the handle, only to be caught off guard as the door swung open startling her, once again making her fall right into the arms she was craving to be in.

Her hands on his shoulders, his on her waist, they stood staring into each others eyes. In seconds imagining their whole life together. There was something to be said about classic songs she thought as a line from one of her favourite songs came to mind.

"Doh pal ke jeevan se, ek umra churani hai. Zindagi aur kuch bhi nahi teri meri kahani hai..."

All of a sudden Akshara was left bewildered as Abhi jumped up, pulled her straight and walked away mumbling.

"Pagal ho chuka hai Abhi. Usse teri itni bhi fiqar nahi hai par tujhe woh haar jagah nazar aati hai.   Wah" he murmured sarcastically, chugging half a bottle of water in one go. He looked back towards the door and to his surprise she was still there, hands on her waist staring back at him. She hadn't disappeared? Hadn't vanished into thin air as the dream Akshara normally did?

Akshara stood waiting for any response, any greeting but at the lack one decided take a few steps in and start the conversation herself.

"Hello Dr. Methi Dana, ab tumhare ilaj ke liye kisko bulau main?" She joked freely, she had missed this. The teasing and fun nature their relationship had had before all the chaos.

"Tum yaha kya kar rahi ho? Tumne toh kaha tha ki tum bahot zaroori kaam ke liye kahi jha rahe ho?" Abhi didn't know what to think? Why would she be here, here in his house in his room? It didn't make any sense.

"Haan toh jhoot thori na bhola maine. Mera bahot zaroori kaam yahi toh hai na? Aur maine bhola bhi tha ki thori der mein hi baat karte hai." Akshara tried hinting.

Abhimanyu couldn't believe his ears or his eyes actually. Was she hinting at him? Being important for her? But all her past words kept him from accepting this abrupt change. Was she joking? Or maybe the important work could be related to him medically?