Joining Destinies

Welcome to the end of this story😁 Over all just wanted a story where Akshu stands up for herself and her love and thoroughly enjoyed writing this🥰

———————————

Akshu sighed deeply as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. Dressed in a beautiful lengha and the most exquisite jewels, she felt like a princess. A princess who missed her prince, she thought.

Kairav had dragged her home, insisting on her presence for an Anniversary Party thrown by Bada Papas old friend. The whole family had been invited but all Akshara wanted to do was call Abhimanyu.

They had been apart only for a few hours and yet there seemed to be gaping hole in her heart that would only be filled with his presence.

Her eyes fell on the reflection of her parents picture. So happy and in love, she wondered how her Papa had survived losing her Mumma. Sirat Ma had been the friend and love her Father needed to continue living, but she knew in her heart that her Father and Mother were soulmates. She knew because the expressions they held as they looked at each other matched  hers and Abhis.

She walked over to the area dedicated to the three people she looked up to the most and lit a candle.

"Thank you sab kuch sambhalne ke liye. Yahaan na ho kar bhi, apke yaadien, apke kahaniyan aur apke pyar se hi himat milti hai. I love you all" she said with a sad smile.

Just then her phone called out in its automated voice "Dr.Methi Calling" making her giggle.

She ran back to her dressing table and sat down, putting the call on loud speaker.

"Akshu yeh kya ho raha hai sabko aaj? Koi do second ke liye akela hi nahi chorta, kab se tumhe call karne ki khoshish kar raha hu aur lagta hai tum bhi busy ho ya phir jitna main miss kar raha hu tum nahi kar rahi ho- ek second tum has rahe ho mujh par?"

Akshara could no longer control her giggles.

"Aunty ne bahot sahi se naam raka hai tumhara. Chidku kahi ka! Na hi na hello, seedha shikayat lekar bait gaye" She teased as she finished her hair style.

"Oh hello! Main toh tumhare khatir pareshaan tha. Abhi puri tarah se teekh nahi hui ho aur kuch kaya bhi hai ya bas family se mili toh sab bhool gayi?" Abhimanyu worried.

"Arrey! Abhi abhi tumhare samne nashta karke aayi hu? Itna zyada khana nahi kha sakti aur main bilkul thik hu. Koi patient nahi hu ki aise dant rahe ho"

As they continued arguing back and forth, a silent spectator stood nervously holding a plate of fruits.

Arohi had spent 2 days in her room contemplating her life and perspective. It's not that she didn't love her older sister but even she had not fully realized when her jealousy and hatred became stronger than her love. Her fight with Akshara was the reality check she needed to fix her priorities.

And now, seeing Abhimanyu and Akshara conversing freely, she had come to another realization. Abhimanyu was never hers. Even if she did succeed in her lies and plotting, she'd only have a shell of the Abhimanyu that he was with Akshara.

Taking a deep breath, she cleared her throat. For a second she panicked as the room went silent and her eyes met with Aksharas in the mirror.

"Abhimanyu, don't worry. Main Akshu ke liye fruits layi hu aur iska khyal bhi raklungi" Arohi had taken her first step towards Akshara since Sirat Ma had left and it was daunting. How did Akshu do this for years she wondered.

The silence hung heavy before Abhimanyu finally replied.

"Um thanks... Akshu jab waqt mile toh call karna" Abhimanyu hung up. He did not know how to feel about Arohi. He was mad of course but he also knew that underneath all the anger and hurt, Akshara still loved her sister. Akshara was too soft hearted and loved too deeply to hold grudges. He would take his cues from her, he thought before getting ready for whatever pooja his mother had deemed necessary today.