7

the reunion of friends who never met

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry and Y/N were not at all used to this freedom. It took them a few days to realise that they could get up and go to sleep whenever they wanted, eat or drink whatever they wanted and go wherever they fancied.

They used their time to buy their school supplies. Harry showed Y/N all around Diagon Alley, telling her the shop names and what they sell.

Harry was trying to prevent himself from spending all the money in his vault, but that didn't stop him from giving a large amount to Y/N, who didn't know which vault was her's nor how to access it.

They were both now on their way to Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour but a crowd caught their attention.

Curious to know what they were staring at, Harry and Y/N edged their way inside and squeezed in amongst the excited witches and wizards.

"Just come out ... prototype ..."
"It's the fastest broom in the world, isn't it, Dad?"
"Irish International Side's just put in an order for seven of these bad boys"

A witch in front of them moved, and they were able to read the sign next to the broom:

THE FIREBOLT

This state-of-the-art racing broom sports a steamlined, super-fine handle of ash, treated with a diamond-hard polish and hand-numbered with its own registration number. Each individually selected birch twig in the broomtail has been honed to aerodynamic perfection, giving the Firebolt unsurpassable balance and pinpoint precision. The Firebolt has an acceleration of 0-150 miles an hour in ten seconds and incorporates an unbreakable braking charm. Price on request.

Y/N had zero clue what any of that meant, but she knew Harry did. She knew Harry wanted it. And she knew Harry would go broke if he bought it.

"Ok Harry, keep moving. It's just a stick with twigs that you use to clean the floor and for some reason also flies," she said, directing Harry back on the path they were originally on.

When the ice-cream parlour came into view, they heard someone yell their names.

"Harry! Y/N!"

There they were, in all of their glory, sitting outside Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour; Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger waving frantically at them.

"Finally," said Ron as the two sat down. "We went to the Leaky Cauldron, but they said that you'd left, then we went to Flourish and Blotts, and Madam Malkin's, and-"

"We got all our school stuff last week," Harry explained. "And how did you know we're staying at the Leaky Cauldron?"

"Dad," said Ron simply.

"Did you really blow up your aunt, Harry?" Hermione asked in a very serious voice.

Y/N shot her hand up and said, "Yes he did, I was a witness."

Y/N and Ron started laughing, Harry buried his face in his hands and Hermione just glared at them.

"It's not funny," Hermione said sharply. "Honestly, I'm amazed Harry wasn't expelled."