10

boggarts coming out of the closet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't until late on Thursday morning, when the Slytherins and Gryffindors were halfway through double potions, that Malfoy showed up.

Y/N looked at her friends and said, "It already sucks being here, and now I want to leave even more."

"Tell me about it," said Ron, "We've been dealing with both of their shit for two years."

Y/N has half an hour into potions class and already lost Gryffindor 10 points for 'disrespecting her teachers.'

It didn't make sense to anyone but Snape and the Slytherins.

Snape tried to call her out for not having any homework done, so naturally, she took out all the homework from the past two summers.

And because of that, Gryffindor was down 10 points.

"Settle down, settle down," said Snape. "You are to make a new potion today, a Shrinking Solution. So I best advise you stop talking and get working."

Malfoy set up his cauldron right next to Harry and Ron, so that they were all preparing their ingredients on the same table.

"Sir," Malfoy called, "sir, I'll need help cutting up these daisy roots, because of my arm-"

"Weasley, cut up Malfoy's roots for him," said Snape.

Y/N glared at Malfoy. "Nothing's even wrong with your arm," she hissed at him.

Malfoy just smirked at her while passing his roots over to Ron.

"You heard Professor Snape, Weasley. Cut up these roots."

Ron seized his knife while lifting it up from the table. Y/N pushed his knife-holding hand back onto table.

"I'll cut them," she said, rolling her eyes and taking the roots from Ron.

Malfoy had a triumphant smirk on his face, which really annoyed Y/N. When she felt this annoyance, one of the ingredient bottles on the desk, fell over.

No one at the table but Y/N payed any mind to it.

They were in the dungeons, no windows were open, it couldn't have been the wind.

Even if it was the wind, it was a coincidence that the bottle fell over the moment Y/N was annoyed.

Y/N continued to cut up Malfoy's roots, seemingly perfectly.

"Are you actually cutting them up perfectly for him?" Harry whispered to her.

Y/N gave him a look asking if he was being serious. "Of course not! Look-"

She showed him two particular cuts, and if you looked very closely, which was difficult for Harry, you would see that one is bigger than the other.

"They look like they're the same size, but they won't work well in the potion because they're not the same size," she explained.

"So, it's basically sabotage?"
"It's basically sabotage!"
"Nice!"

They high-fived each other.