11

haha, painting go zoom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the first time in years, Defence Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favourite class; except Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins.

"Look at the state of his robes," Malfoy would say in a loud whisper as Professor Lupin passed. "He dresses like our old house-elf."

But nobody else cared about Professor Lupin's frayed and patched robes. They were too busy actually paying attention to his classes; which both he and Hermione were very happy about.

Even though the Defense Against the Dark Arts classes were going great, the same couldn't be said for others. Especially Potions.

Snape was in a particular vindictive mood these days.

He started bullying Neville even more when the news about the Boggart turning into him while wearing Neville's grandmother's clothes spread like wildfire around the school.

And after the incident with Y/N knocking over the cauldron, Snape liked her just as much as she liked him; not at all.

Divination was getting pretty tiring as well.

Professor Trelawney would tear up everytime she saw Harry, much to
Y/N's amusement.

And Care of Magical Creatures, the class was pretty sure that Y/N was the only one who actually enjoyed it.

Was it the fact that it was an interesting subject? Or was it the fact that Malfoy almost died in that class? Could be either, but everyone's votes was on the latter, including Y/N herself.

Hagrid had lost a lot of his confidence. They were now spending lesson after lesson learning how to look after Flobberworms, which had to be some of the most boring creatures in existence.

One thing was starting to look up though, the first Quidditch match of the year.

Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain, had called a meeting for the team on Thursday evening, meaning that Y/N and Ron could have super fun study sessions with Hermione.

It soon became entertaining when Dean, Seamus and Neville came over to join them.

"So, Y/N," Dean said, "you have to teach me how to knock cauldrons over with my mind."

"I don't know what happened," said
Y/N. "It must've been a trick of the light."

"A trick of the light? You shrank half the furniture in the room by just standing there. That wasn't a trick of the light," said Seamus.

"Correction. She didn't shrink anything that was the potion she knocked over," said Ron.

"You're not helping, Ron," Y/N said.

For the past week, they, mostly Hermione and Y/N, have been searching the library for answers to what happened with Y/N.

Right now, they were empty handed.

"I don't think I said thank you for standing up for me, Y/N," said Neville, "so thank you."

"It was nothing. Besides, Snape's a pain in the a-"