A World Divided

~Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.~ Joshua 1:9

It's here! It's finally here! Thank you guys for being so patient! ❤️❤️❤️

___________

Dust filters around old statues across the dirt road, the grass was in packs, untamed and blowing gently in the wind.

The sky was a sickly brown, as if it was sick, the clouds gathering to make it darker as the river's stream glided down its path, reflecting off the remaining sun's light.

"I know what you're thinking."

Two riders pass by, side by side. One on a strong rolling animal, his face covered to protect him from the dust as a reddish-brown cloak covered his light brown skin. A sword sitting near his knee, his dark grey pants brushing against it.

The other was riding on a sea-green jaguar, it's black spots flickering due to the sun. Her (E/C) eyes were narrowed as the bottom half of her face was covered, wearing dark green pants and a black cloak around her shoulders— a bow and arrow was strapped to her back as a leather wrapped whip was tied to the waistband of her pants.

"Loner riders... a dystopian world..."

The two pass the devastating terrain of what was left of their world, homes broken down and molded; more statues scattered around of what was once living people.

"A land that's... gone to waste. How did this world get so broken?"

. . . . .

"Well, that all began five hundred years ago."

The nation was united into the shape of a dragon, the rivers connecting them together.

"Kumandra."

Hills of green filled the eyes view, animals were healthy and eating fruit off of the trees as butterflies and birds flew past the people.

"When our land was whole , and we lived together harmoniously alongside..."

Elegant creatures flew from the waters and into the air, the people stopping their plowing to watch in awe and respect.

"Dragons. Magical creatures who brought us water and rain and peace... it was paradise."

More lands were built as the dragons watched over the people, protective. But dark clouds of black and purple appeared, promising noting but destruction

"But then the Druun came. A mindless plague that spread like wildfire, multiplying as they consume life...!"

The Druun attacked every scared human on sight, multiplying each time they took the life of a person— leaving but a husky of stone in their wake.

"... Turning everyone they touched into stone. The dragons fought a for us as the best they could,"

The dragons fought with determination, trying their best to defeat their enemy with everything that had. Only to turn into stone in the end...

"But... it wasn't enough."

But one dragon in particular rises from the aching battle, a look of concentration and fierceness on their face as they created a sphere of energy, of magic.

"That's when the mighty Sisudatu; the last dragon, concentrated all her magic into a gem and...!"

The gem blew powerful ripples across the plain, defeating the Druun as they succumbed into harmless and mindless clouds.

"Blasted the Druun away!"

Rain fell from the clouds, sunlight peaking between them as the water washed away the stone imprisoning the people.

"Everyone that was turned to stone came back. Except, the dragons..."

While the people cheered and celebrated, decades of flowers and greens cling to the now-stone dragons, making them nothing short of story.

"All That was left of Sisu, was her gem. It should have been this big inspirational moment, where humanity united over her sacrifice... but instead, people being people; they fought to process the last remnant of dragon magic. "

Instead of sharing peace, the nations drew their swords— the colors turning from a forgiving blue to a merciless red.

"Borders were drawn, Kumandra divided. We all became enemies, and the gem had to be hidden."

Kumandra splits apart into six different shapes, people separated as they created their own havens of villages.

"But that's not how the world broke. That didn't truly happen until five hundreds years later..."

The gem piece glowed brightly, safe within the walls of blue— the doors guarding it closing as it hidden the last bit of magic away.

"When we came into the story."

_____________
Note: chapter one is done!

I really think my writing I getting better! I'm so proud myself— I deserve a highfive 😩👌🏾 ❤️

Sure we're only three minutes and eight seconds into the movie but I'm pumped to write something new! Eeeee!

Hope you guys enjoyed this, I know I did! UwU

_____________
End Note: IF THERE IS ANY MISSPELLINGS OR MISSING WORDS LET ME KNOW ❤️❤️❤️
Word count: 790