Broken

~ Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. ~ 1 Thessalonians 4:17

have you ever looked at a word you've written down or typed and just knew in your gut that it didn't look right? Yeah, that's how I'm feeling with the title...

But I know for a fact the word ain't "brocken" 😂😂

_____________________

"And that is how the land of Fang rose in spite of all the monsters that wanted to destroy us,"

Sitting on a bench, Chief Virana smiled warmly down at the children below her as the Shadow Play continued on, the tall towers of Fang rising. "Because we're smart, resilient, and we take care of one another."

"Mother!" Namaari shouted, bowing to her mother when she looked over. "We need to talk."

"It's Princess Namaari!" A boy gushed, making the kids run over to the woman's feet as their awed voices clamored over one another.

"All right, all right, now, run along, kittens." Chief Virana laughed, standing as she waved the children away— her voice stilling at her next words. "I have to speak with the princess."

"Mother," Namaari gasped out, remembering her encounter with Sisu. "you won't believe what I saw—!"

"You saw a dragon." Virana interrupted, eyes stern when Namaari's face dropped. "General Atitāya informed me that you'd be returning home without the gem pieces."

"It was Sisu." Namaari exclaimed, following her mother as she turned her back. "She can fix what we broke— she can bring everyone back!"

"And that's what scares me." Virana banged her staff, making Namaari bow her head as the older woman looked forward. "When everyone comes back, who do you think they'll come for?"

"You forget, the other lands blame us for what's happened." She said, gazing strongly at the healthy forests and rivers, the children playing in the bright green fields that once belonged to Horn. "Not to mention where the remaining Horn villagers stand."

"But we..." Namaari stuttered in a whispered, lifting her head. "We never meant for anyone to get hurt, and we made sure the villagers were placed safely in—"

"Yes," Virana interrupted her again, the gem piece in her staff glowing brightly. "but if we had the dragon and the gem pieces, we would be forgiven."

"We could save the world." She insisted as she inhaled. "But more importantly, our people would remain safe."

Namaari shocked her head. "But Rayan and (Y/N) aren't just gonna give Sisu to us."

Virana sighed before turning to her. "We're not going to give them a choice."

Namaari furrowed her eyebrows, looking up at her mother in vulnerability. "What are you going to do?"

"That's no longer your concern, my love." Virana smiled before placing her hand on her shoulder dropping said smile. "You've done enough."

Namaari watched her back as she walked away, her face showing her reluctance and doubt to her mothers plan. 

. . . . . . .

On Boun's boat, everyone squinted at Fangs tower with different emotions on their faces.

"If she refuses to help, we've just flushed our tactical advantage into the dung pot." Tong spitted out, giving a look to Rayan as he bit his nail and tapped his foot.