Christmas's star

"YES, WE HAVE THE MECHANIC!"
Bogotá and Berlin cried out, clapping their hands.

"Come on Helsinki, you'll fix it in two minutes!"

The man complied immediately and began searching for the equipment in the ship's trunk.

However, efficiency did not seem to be the order of the day for all teams...

"Alicia, you can't put that cable in here, you'll short out everything!"

"Well, you have to try in life! Well after it's true, we can make mistakes sometimes, just look at Tamayo's parents, but sometimes it pays off, like what mine did!"
Declared the beautiful redhead pointing to herself before plugging the cable to the fateful place.

When suddenly...

"BOOM!"

"Well, there you go, I told you so! You really don't listen to anything! Move over and let Rio do it."

"How can a computer science major know anything about engines?  Don't you want to give the job to Cincinnati while you're at it? Although, age-wise it would already be more of a match."
She spat before reluctantly giving way to the youngest of the robbers.

The latter threw a black look at her and got down to the task.
For the biggest pleasure of the group he settled the problem in a few minutes and succeeded in starting the engine, throwing to Alicia a satisfied smile.

"You see Inspector, it was not so complicated.
He sighed before settling on board.

Naturally, the problem had been solved with about five minutes of advance by the other group, already installed and which was satisfied to observe the match which was played under their amazed eyes.

"I hope you have the popcorn and plaids ready. I'm not leaving here until I see who of Alicia or Rio will win."
Bogotá sighed.

"There won't be a fight. I was always taught not to hit smaller than yourself in school."
Alicia muttered as she settled into the boat, in a seat that didn't seem to please everyone.

"Alicia, I'm sorry to bother you, but this is the seat of the boat commander."
Tried Ángel with a shy smile.

"Yes, that's right, why are you telling me this?"
She replied.

"I, I, I... Are you sure you don't want to leave the place to someone else?
You could rest instead maybe or..."

"OH! ANGEL! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

The short, stocky man waddled awkwardly on his two legs.
Oh, he was going to end up pate for his damn Commissioner cat, he was sure of it.

"AFTER SO MANY YEARS TOGETHER YOU STILL DON'T TRUST ME?! Aren't we best friends now? You refuse to trust me with your sight, is that it?"
She exclaimed theatrically before slapping her hand against her forehead in a fake fall.

"I didn't say that... I'm just saying that maybe it's safer for you to take some time for yourself before running a ship like this, which looks very complex."
Tried the sub-inspector, mopping up the sweat that beaded on his forehead from nervousness.

"I understand, I understand..."
She sniffed.

Then.

"PFAHAHAHAHA, YOU BELIEVED ME TOO?! I WILL NOT LEAVE THIS BOAT IN THE HANDS OF SOMEONE ELSE! SO GET READY MY FRIENDS, BOARD THE SIERRA BOAT, THE BEST SHIPPING COMPANY!!!"
Alicia shouted as she started the Bangka.

Rummaging through the various drawers located on the left side of the helm, the young woman found an old sailor's cap twice as big for and with worn out edges.

Smiling, the young woman placed it on her head and turned to the gang with a determined look;

"Say hello to your new captain."

Six hours ago...
Other side of the world...
Canada
City of Alert

"Paula, come quickly, it's already 9pm and the decorations aren't ready for Sergio!"
Raquel exclaimed as she pulled as many garlands as possible out of boxes.

Officially, they were spending Christmas as a family of four under the snow to please the little girl, who until then had not known a snowy Christmas.

Unofficially, Seven Serbians was currently refurbishing an old party room at the other end of town, where mother and daughter will have to take care of the decoration of the whole room, and this behind Sergio's back.

Mission impossible?
Not for Raquel.

Once all the decorations were out, the young woman turned on the radio and began to arrange some curls and garlands under the watchful eye of Paula, attentive to the smallest details.

While the two girls were working on the last step: hanging the star, Sergio quickly opened the door of their little cottage hidden in the woods and closed it as best he could.

"Fuck... Don't go outside, it's pouring... What are you doing here?"
He asked as he saw the little girl and Raquel practicing gymnastic positions, each one more absurd than the last.

"I... We're trying to set up the star, but Mom is too small to help!"
Paula explained as Lisbon rested her daughter on the floor.

"Oh... I see... Let's see if I can do something."
Sergio declared with a smirk before grabbing his daughter-in-law in his arms, who burst out laughing as her feet took off from the ground.

This last one, now helped by someone competent, that is to say someone of more than one meter sixty-five, arranged the star without encumbrance before kissing the cheek of her father-in-law.

"Thank you!"
She exclaimed as Sergio blushed softly.

"But you're welcome."
He murmured as he hugged the little girl.

And yes, dear readers.
That is the true magic of Christmas.