I know a con-artist when I see one

Kagami's POV

"So that's why I'm helping out my uncle who works with the MCA." Liar said as I see people who are fooled for the story. I can't believe how many people are so naive to believe something out of this girl's mouth.

Ever since the incident when I saw that girl kiss Adrien my instincts told me she was no good soul as she claims to be. While I was upset from the post I also remember recalling a few things it wasn't like for Adrien to do.

It may be obvious this girl was trying to kiss Adrien while she was taking a photo forcefully and knowing Adrien he doesn't stand his ground. What's more concerning is how he tells me he knows the truth but doesn't want her to be akumatized. I would have been akumatized by his statement for taking the coward's way just because she was a new girl. I've seen students who had struggles in trying to fit in and adjusted to a new area with people they don't even know but this case is different.

"We will miss you Lila."

"Send us a link so we can help the MCA."

"Yeah we can donate money to help those who are doing good to the environment."

"You'd do that? Thanks you guys."

Disgusting.

I'm glad my mother taught me in how to find a con-artist by the way how the stories sound so unbelievable to be true. So she is trying to scam these people of their pocket money for a good deed. Normally I wouldn't help a bunch of fools who could fall into a trap then again this girl needed to be taught a lesson on how your actions would always come back to you.

Marinette is a true friend who wasn't afraid to help me up when I thought Adrien was all I needed.

Ladybug trusted me with a miraculous and fight along side her and Chat Noir to save my mother.

Both of them saw the good in me of what I'm capable of and don't see me as if I were some freak. They do good things because they know what is right and if there was mistakes they have done they will accept their mistakes and fix them. Live, learn and that's how we grow and I have been doing the complete opposite because I didn't want to dishonor my family. They opened my mother's eyes as well to what she can see in me other than just being her flesh and blood.

While I was in my own little world I noticed Marinette who was also watching the scene that just unfolded. She looked at Adrien as Adrien just shrugged but also knows what will happen if Lila went with this new trick she is doing. I decided to have a word with them about this situation.

"Do you see the problem here Adrien?"

"Kagami?"

"So Marinette knows what Lila is going to do and so do you." I have him a cold stare before looking at Marinette.

"You are not falling for her tricks do you Kagami?" Marinette questions.

"I know a con-artist when I see their true intentions no matter how hard one tries to cover it with nice words."

"I know but what can we do about it. I mean no matter what I say they tell me to fact check." Marinette exasperated.

"Isn't the girl who runs the Ladyblog supposed to do it herself if she dreams to be a journalist?" I questioned looking at both of them for any answer.

"Well she usually runs to film any akuma attacks for her blog and asks the victims of what happened." Adrien said.

"That's nothing Adrien a good reporter always gathers evidence before sharing it with the world she would be considered a tabloid writer who believes things that aren't true." I stated while Adrien just looked at me feeling as if he had some sense knocked into him.