Chapter 5

*THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR 1K VIEWS IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME!!!*

"Uh hi, Camilo what're you doing, um, in my room?" I ask rather awkwardly. I was still surprised he had come. He looked straight into my eyes and I looked straight into his. His eyes were a mix between hazel and a golden brown which I hadn't noticed before. There was some sort of tension in the air and I didn't like it, not one bit.

"I, uh, just wanted to apologize for, uh, being a bit of a jerk from the first time we met and I hope you know I'm not that rude, well at least not all the time." A soft smile spread across his lips. God, that smile was contagious.

"Oh, yeah no problem, thanks for apologizing." I mentally facepalmed 'could I make this more awkward?'. Suddenly he wrapped his arms around me and put his head on my shoulders. I stood there in shock before I hugged him back.

Camilo's POV

I left Ramona's room smiling. I closed her red door and walked over to Dolores's room, I opened her magic door and stepped inside the room. 

"Good job Camilo! That was very sincere, I'm sure Ramona will be falling head over heels in no time!" I hear Dolores remark as she comes to greet me. Before dinner, Dolores had heard my little interaction with Ramona and had heard my heart beating faster. She accused me of liking the Castillo and I confessed. I haven't known her for very long but I feel like we'd known each other forever.

Dolores devised a plan to help me make Ramona fall for me. Which she said would be a challenge, I was very offended. She told me the best first move would be to apologize to Ramona (even though I did nothing wrong) and try and embrace her. Which I did and I think it went extremely smooth.

"Ok now onto Phase Two of the plan! Alone time." Dolores smirked and wiggled her eyebrows at me. My face turned red and I looked away. "NOT LIKE THAT CAMILO!" She giggled. "Just try and get her alone and talk, you know? Oh and by the way, all of the Castillos know you like Ramona."

"Wait, REALLY!? How?"

"The aunt can read minds. She told her family at dinner and I overheard." Said Dolores very a-matter-of-factly.

"Your kidding! Does Ramona know?" I say whining. I hope she doesn't, that would be so embarrassing.

"I don't know, but I guess we'll find out."

I agreed with her and went back to my room hoping tomorrow would go well.

*TIME SKIP* Ramonas POV

*knock knock knock*

"GOOD MORNING FUEGA!" yelled Elena as she slammed open my red door. I pretended I didn't hear her in hopes she would think I was sleeping and come back later but instead, Elena pulled the blanket off my tired body and opened the curtains letting in the morning sun. I sulked as I sat up and faced my cousin, pouting.

"Primaaaa, it's too early. Let me sleep." I say still half asleep. I yawn and try to pull the covers over me again but Elena stops me by grabbing my arm. She then begins to start singing.

"Come on Ramonaaaa, get out of bed, its morning nowww." She smiled sweetly as I got out of bed and began choosing my outfit for the day. Curse Elena and her annoying ass gift.

She left the room and I heard her tell my mother I was up. I quickly got dressed in my iconic red dress and went out to greet everyone. I must have been the last to wake up because all of both families were there.

"Morning sleepy-head!" Fernando greeted me while slapping me on the head. Sofia laughed and hugged me. I grinned. Abuela laughed at me and came over to talk.

"Good morning, My Fuega, you must be wondering what all the fuss is about," Abuela said giggling as she gestured to the room of chattering people. 

"Uh yeah, what's happening?" I reply.

"Well, today the Madrigals are planning to introduce us to the villagers. So we are going to meet a few villagers this morning and the rest of the day will be spent getting ready for the welcome party." Says Abuela smiling.

"Ooooh a welcome party, fancy!" I remark wiggling my eyebrows. I feel someone lean on my shoulder. 

"Very fancy indeed! We hope you settle into Encanto well!" It was Mirabel beaming at me and Abuela. She was suspiciously happy at this time in the morning, it intimidated me.

"I'm sure we will! Thank you for letting us stay with you and your family." I exclaimed trying to match her energy. She nods, smiles, and walks away to chat with her family.

"She seemed nice, you should become friends with her, Fuega!" Abuela says joyously. I agree quickly as everyone is beckoned by Alma, to go outside. 

The Castillo's are led through the village by the Madrigals who were smiling at the villagers and occasionally exchanging salutations. I noticed the tension in the air while looking at my family who seemed nervous and on edge. A few villagers gasped and pointed at us, which was a new experience for us since everyone in our old village saw us as normal people and not superheroes.

Once we reached the center of the village we'd gathered a following of villagers wanting to see what was happening.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THANKS AGAIN FOR 1K VIEWS! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT FOR MORE CHAPTERS! I've noticed there are no comments whatsoever so if you have anything to suggest or say please don't hesitate to comment! LOVE YOU AL MWAH MWAH!