CHAPTER 7

Ramona's POV:

Dolores had just made an excuse to go leaving me and Camillo by ourselves still sitting on the bridge. I watched Dolores power walk away before I turned back to look at the boy sitting next to me. We both smiled softly. The water running underneath us seemed to flow more quietly meaning we would be able to hear each other better. 

"So how have you been liking Encanto?" Camilo asked, finally breaking the awkward silence. He tilted his head to the left. "Yeah, it seems fun. Encanto is much more colorful than our old village." I respond smiling.

"How was your old village? I haven't heard anyone from your family talk about it since you arrived." Camilo questioned, he genuinely looked like he wanted to know, which was comforting. Unfortunately, the question was really awkward for me. In our old village, my family was forced to hide our gifts in fear of being run out of town. The villagers blamed my Abuela for how we were run out of the old village and were split up from Alma's group.

"The old village wasn't the best place to be, but it was home y'know? It's hard to hate the only place you've ever lived." I say scrunching my face up. He looked at me sadly. "Trust me I know exactly what you mean." Camilo looked back at the river still flowing beneath us and blow a bit of brown curly hair out of his face.

Im glad Camilo didn't keep prying and asking questions. Thats what i like about him, he knows when to stop asking questions if someone doesn't want to answer them.

 I looked down at my feet that were hanging over the edge but just as I did Camilo looked up really quickly. I shocked me so much I fell of the bridge and into the water below. Thank miracles the fall wasn't too long. The water was the perfect temperature thanks to the sunny skies overhead. I lifted my head out of the water and took a huge gasp.

Camilo looked down at me as i looked up at him. Welooked at each other for a few seconds before simultaneously cracking up. It felt forever until we began to calm down.

"Ramona! Are you ok down there?" Camilo giggled. He held his hand over mouth yet i could still see his smile. "Yeah I'm fine." I begin "Not sure about you though!" I jumped and grabbed onto his foot yanking him into the river with me.

As he resurfaced, Camilo spat some water out of his mouth and began smiling. "HEY!" he yelled trying to sound mad but failing miserably. "It looked so tempting how could I not." I smirked. "Understandable." He smirked.

After an hour of splashing around it was around mid afternoon and me and Camilo both needed to help with the welcome party in Casa Madrigal tonight, so we climbed up the bank of the river and asked a woman in her 30's if she had a towel. The woman quickly ran home and came back with two towels, we thanked her and began drying off.

"Are you as cold as I am? Cause I'm freezing." Camilo said with his teeth chattering. His lips were blue and could tell he needed some heat. "Cam, you're gonna get nuemonia!" I say urgently. I need to think. If we walk back to Casita Camilo will surely freeze so there's only one thing i can do.

"Ok take my towel and sit on the ground." I say trying to sound sure about what I was doing. Camilo grabbed my towel and nodded thanks to me. He looked as cold as ever and I began to panic.

"Ok wrap yourself in the towels and ill get you warmer." I say trying my very best to stay calm. I flicked my wrist and a small fire in my palm lit. I sat next to Cam and held out my palm in front of him and in no time he was beginning to get better. Thank miracles.

"Im Ok now. Thank you so much." Camilo looked me in my eyes. "No problem, but next time tell me fast if you feel cold. Theres nothing worse than getting sick before a party. Speaking of which our clothes are still soaking wet, how are we gonna avoid getting in trouble?" 

Camilo smirked. "Trust me I've done this sort of thing before." His eyes lit up with mischeif.

*Time skip*

"So here's the plan. Im gonna shape shift into Antonio and walk into Casita as if nothing happened, I will then get into you're room and get some of your clothes. And you, Princesca, will stand outside your window. Then I'll open the window and throw the clothes down to you, you change and walk into Casita. Voila! Is it not the best plan you've ever heard?" 

"Im not sure about the "prinsesca" part but everything else is fine." I say narrowing my eyes. Camilo shrugged as if to say 'get used to it'.

He then shape shifted into Antonio and winked at me. I scoffed and the plan commenced. Camilo walked into Casita and I went around the house and arrived below my window.My clothes, still soaking wet, were dripping on the ground. I heard the window overhead open. I looked up and saw Camilo smile down at me still looking like Antonio. He passed down a red skirt like the one i was wearing as well as a white frilled top.

Camilo changed back into his self and looked down at me. I looked up at him and smiled. He smirked at me in return. We stood there looking at each other until Camilo realised that i was waiting for him to look away so i could change. He blushed and stuck his head back inside my room. Once i heard the window shut, I quickly changed and tied up my hair hoping no one would ask whiy it was wet.

AUTHOUR'S NOTE

IM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG WITH THIS CHAPTER! Ngl I've been pretty busy. 

I checked my Stats and found out most of my readers are from the USA. SO HELLO AMERICANS! I myself am an Australian.

ANYWHO REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE! LOTS OF LOVE FROM YOUR AUTHOUR