VIII

If I lost you, I'd surely lose myself completely...

Part 1

 "Jinx be careful!" I shouted as the 14-year-old walked across the amazing hideout I had accidently found

 "Jinx be careful!" I shouted as the 14-year-old walked across the amazing hideout I had accidently found. She walked down the narrow turbine blade to get to the thicker end. I followed shifty after not wanting her to lose her foot. I would have expected her to outgrow her clumsiness by now but now after 6 years she is still as goofy as she always was – just a little extra here and there.

"I am you worry wart! Not my fault your old self can't keep up"

"Aye! I'm 25 I'm not fucking old!" I was honestly hurt she thought 25 was old, if I was old, how old did she think Silco was? Elderly? I shook my head as I plopped down on the couch, I managed to drag out of our old storage room all the way up here. She made her way over to the small desk she set up down here to make as her workspace. She was getting older and as much as she says she loves Silco I knew deep down she wanted a break from her father every so often so when I found this place, she was the first person I told. She hopped around like a bunny when I first showed it to her; excited was an understatement. My eyes drifted over to the large Mylo doll she had laid up against the wall along with a smaller Claggor doll – which happen to be wearing his goggles. I'd admit when Jinx sent me to retrieve them, I nearly broke down at just the sight of them.

(FLASHBACK)

"You want me to what?" I asked looking up at the blue haired teen. She twirled her fingers over each other to calm her nerves. It was like something was eating her alive. After the night Jinx confided in me, I kept a very close eye on her and realized it wasn't just the voices she heard. She had visions – Mylo and Claggor seem to haunt her every waking moment (schizophrenia). I could only do so much to help her plaguing thoughts.

"I know it's a stupid idea - shut up the both of you I need to think!" she bite her at her fingernails only to stop when I placed my hands in the way and smiled.

"-you just want his goggles?"

"Yes!" she shouted seeming to catch a moments peace from the bickering only she could hear. I nodded at her request. It hopefully shouldn't be that hard – ever since the cannery accident Silco had bought blocks around it keeping people from going anywhere near it. I sure I could ask for permission to grab them.

"Okay, I'll let Sil-"

"No, please don't tell him. I already asked and he told me no and that it was childish" I sighed knowing those probably weren't his exact words, but I knew her brain understood things differently so maybe that's really how she heard it. "You have to go by yourself, you can make it back before night fall if you hurry"

73

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're trying to get rid of me" she rolled her eyes at my comment. I only smiled wanting to tease her more but knew it would be better to do as she asked, so I could return even quicker; so I pulled her into a tight hug. "I'll be back soon" I bent down to place a quick kiss on her forehead before heading to my room to get one of my suits – hoping no one saw me sneaking out.