The Hospital

A month later nate left for work and i was picking out paint colors when my phone went off. i answered it and the man on the other side said that there was an accident and i needed to get down to the hospital. i rushed to throw on shoes and a jacket then called beck. "i need you to come to nates apartment right now hes in the hospital and i dont have a car." less than 5 minutes later beck pulled up to apartment and i hopped into the car and we drove to the hospital. when we got there, they let me right into his room but before i went in they gave me a warning "it's pretty bad so brace yourself." i walked in and saw him unconscious with his foot in a cast and a wrap around his head. once i saw him it finally hit me that this was real. i started crying, begging him wake up and be okay. the doctors came in and said everything seemed like he would recover but they needed to run more tests. they walked me out of the room and i sat in the waiting room for what felt like forever. after they were done they came out and told me he should be conscious very soon. i went back into the room and sat next to him holding his hand waiting for him to wake up. after an hour of waiting he turned to me and said "hi princess" i started to cry again when i heard his voice. "come here my love" he put his arm out and i laid on him sobbing while he had his arms around me reassuring me he'd be okay. he said "im okay princess and if im really not i want you-" i cut him off. "no youre going to be okay! do you understand me nate? you're not allowed to not be okay!" he lifted my head for me to look at him. "love if im not okay, i want you to raise our baby in that apartment. everything is going to be fine even if im not there." there was a pause. he cant leave me to do this by myself hes been nothing but amazing to me. "nova." he said to me. i looked at him nervously. "i love you princess, never forget that."