𝐑𝐄𝐃 (𝐓𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍)

I was in a state of grace when it hit me. The best idea I've ever had. A red book that you can kill a spider with and you won't be able to see the blood and guts of the dead bug.

You see, my treacherous friend asked out my boyfriend, and he for some reason accepted the offer. I said to her "I knew you were trouble as soon as I saw you in the first grade," but that wasn't true. I actually did like her. I remember my first impression of Katy all too well. I know we're 22, but I feel like I'm in middle school again dealing with stupid 'girl drama'.

When I confront her, I almost do cry, but I realized that would just make things even worse, so I stayed calm (while yelling at her). Oh, and I told Aiden that we are never ever getting back together. He kept on begging me to stay, stay, stay, but why would I stay with a cheater? And that was the last time I talked to either of them. I refuse to talk to them. I have to stand my holy ground. The event was sad, beautiful, tragic, and heartbreaking. But they're the lucky ones, because I'm all one while they have each other.

Since all three of us met sixteen years ago, everything has changed. Me and Aiden would always look at the starlight at night. And now, I can't walk outside with the stars without starting to feel like the tears are going to begin again.

Honestly, I should've known this was going on way before. If I was smarter, the moment I knew would have been when I saw Katy flirting with Aiden before his big football game of the season. I just want both of them to come back... be here. But, for now, I'm just a girl at home complaining about stupid boys and terrible best friends. The state of grace hit me again when I looked on my Instagram feed and their faces weren't the first thing I saw. Underneath them, an image of my brother, Ronan, in the hospital. He was working on becoming a better man by standing up for one of his best friends, but he got in a huge fight. It's nothing new, especially because of how many fights he's gotten to, but most of them have just been verbal.

I'm still upset that I'll probably never call anyone "babe" for the next four years, but I'm sure I'll get through it. Besides, it's not like I'm sending him a message in a bottle to get back with me. He's the desperate one, not me.

I resisted the urge to comment 'I bet you think about me' when I did see an image of him and Katy having dinner together. I feel like it's going to be forever winter. I want to run far away from all this drama. I still remember the very first night me and him kissed. I remember it all too well.