Prologue

WARNING: none

-

The bright blue sky of Naboo was only a fraction of what the lush planet had to offer. The sounds and sight of birds flying across the air would surely catch the attention of a wandering child, distracted by its wings and the question as to how it could get around from place to place without touching the ground. The gentle breeze and voices of rushing water combined, filled with a variety of breathtaking foliage, created what other habitants of different planets would consider a paradise. But it wasn't the world around them that encaptured the civilians today.

It was the very visible outline of multiple First Order ships, hovering right above the atmosphere.

They had come a day before, with no context or warning as to what their business was with Naboo. The terrified whispers asked each other one question. Will we be a show of power?

The galaxy could remember the last time such a weapon was used. Scars, after all these years, could still sting. A reminder could have been preferred over what the people of Alderaan had faced instead of no remembrance at all. Following the death of the Emperor, the planet had to face an important task at hand, which is now in the process of clearing its image of being the home of something so evil.

As they tried to sweep away the wicked, it showed right back at their door. Waiting for the right moment to be let in...

-

You paced back and forth in the library of the royal palace, hologram transmitter open and ready for any news. You had to get out of the throne room. Arguments and idiotic displays of power from the governor and other council members disgusted you as their advisement to the young queen was nothing but stupid.

Your heart sank to your stomach as you remember the pained look of the Queen, head low as she tried to process the words from her "trusted" council, being pulled in all different directions. Memories flooded in, from so long ago. You were in that same place, same council. The face of Naboo, but not in control. You had to thank the Empire for that, keep you confined to Theed for your reign.

"This is ridiculous."

Even as young as you were, your mind was made up. A fire burning deep inside you to give your life to your people, opened the way to a better chance for the bruised economy and way of living. So when told that the possibility of no real change to happen during your time by your "advisors", you blew your fucking top off.

As childish as it was, it was justified. Your frustration grew as the power you held began to diminish, taken over by the council. The amount of times you had gone around their backs for a say in a plan of action or order grew, angering the men you had come to hate. Despite the mutual tension between you both, you were very much surprised to receive an invitation to join the council years after your reign. The excuse was to assist future monarchs from a former one.

Another ploy in their game. No wonder the galaxy saw Naboo as a joke. Although you were a former queen, the years of frustration had built up within you. A driving factor in your will to live now was anger and just out of spite.

You didn't like being so dramatic sometimes. But at least you were heard.

The holo transmitter beeped to life, startling you. Scrambling to open it, you prayed to the stars for some decent news. But you knew deep down there was no such good news when it involved the First Order. A small figure of the captain of the guard popped up, his wrinkled face even more scrunched in concern.

"My lady, we have made contact, you need to report to the throne room immediately."

"I'm on my way."