Ch. 5 Escape

There was no time to feel guilt.

There was no time to feel anything.

You were ushered without a thought. Running on autopilot, the disturbing sounds of a city thrown into chaos were drowned out with your focus elsewhere. Cate's arm was looped into yours, the cloaked figure of Kylo walked in front of you without assistance or care. The deed was done, and the next step was approaching soon.

Pushed into a carrier, it wasn't until you felt the deep rumble of the ship coming to life that you finally came back to the present. Seated and strapped in, you glanced around you to see Cate at her place behind you. On her side, two guards of Ren stood like stone, waiting patiently. For what, you didn't know.

Voices spit out necessary actions for takeoff, with a confirmation greeting. A captain's seat sat in the middle, with Kylo planted firmly. With each acknowledgment of action, he nodded. A shake, and you were off into the air and into the atmosphere.

"What's happening now?" You turned to Cate. "Where are we going?"

You knew of your certain protection, but nothing else after. Had you left when the Colonel told you to, maybe you wouldn't have been labeled a possible enemy to the planet. Gone off quietly, you might have still been on Naboo. You showed yourself rather idiotically. With a hand out in offer, any chance of going home was thrown out the window.

Cate looked straight ahead blankly, ignoring your asking gaze.

"I said where are we going?" You asked. Ignored, you watched as Cate's pupils flashed quickly to her side, towards the knights. Turning back in your chair, you realized. You sabotaged her mission, and any other advice or word could further deepen a possible and serious "demotion".

Watching as Naboo faded away in the side windows, you were startled with Kylo's sudden announcement. "On our arrival, we are to ignite engines for light speed on route to Coruscant immediately."

"This wasn't part of the plan." You said aloud, shocked. "I didn't agree to this part."

"Then what was, councilwoman?" Kylo called to the reluctant voice. "Had you listened, we wouldn't be taking the actions that we are now."

"I wonder with whose help." You spat back. The newly deceased governor was right. There was an argument wherever you went.

"The option to go back and drop you off is always open. But, I hope you realize that actions will have consequences." He stated, almost tauntingly. "It would be a shame to see your head on a spike."

"A favor was given for the good of the people."

"They won't see it that way." He sneered, leather glove squeaking. "The truth is soon to come out. Where are you going to go when that does happen?"

It was best to shut up.

With many to witness, the assassination of a government official was without a doubt a high profiled crime to commit. To accompany the ill news, the revelation of a colleague and former head of state with her hand in his murder would surely send embarrassment to the planet. More harm was caused than good.

Maybe it was the smartest idea to escape.

You shut your eyes tightly as you the grim thought of Abie and Sara finding out. You lied to them both. Hatred was a driving factor, but not murder. You prayed that they could one day forgive you. It was probably going to take a long time to do.

You saw the faint reflection of the Finalizer bounce off the glass panels, indicating your destination was close.

"The Supreme Leader's secondary vessel requesting permission to dock, copy."