Ch. 2 Control

"Where have you been?!"

"Where have you been?" You scream-whispered at Sara as she ushered you down the hallways to make your escape. "I was looking for you guys everywhere!"

"We got a little..caught up with some stormtroopers." She hesitated, quickening her pace. "But we're here now."

"Really, thats so nice, seeing after what I just went through." You picked up the tails of your dress. You could hear the distant panicked clamor coming from the party as they were now alerted of the surprise appearance from the Supreme Leader.

"We heard from Hux. The idiot thought it best to tell the party. As if it would amp up the entertainment." Sara muttered. "The governor is informed of your early retirement for tonight, and we have clearance for our exit."

"Good." Was all you could muster, distracted by the fresh memories of the heart-to-heart talk with the most feared man in the galaxy.

You flirted with Kylo Ren. You called him attractive. You told him your yearnings that were supposed to be kept to yourself. You called him hot.

You called him hot.

Starting to think that a death by his laser sword was more preferable than the frenzy of tomorrow, you stepped outside to see Abie waiting by the limo cruiser, tapping his foot anxiously.

"You found her, thank the stars."Abie breathed, opening the door as you climbed in. "Did you hear about-"

"We're not going to talk until we are far away from here." You stated, shutting down conversation immediately. Eagerly did your guards buckle in, the vehicle smoothly making the transition from the palace grounds to the streets of Theed.

The ride back to your home was quiet. No one in the proximity could be trusted, not even the driver. At this moment, anyone who wasn't close to you could not be trusted.

Who are you?

The release of the tensions was relieving as you stepped out of the cruiser. The small space was starting to become unbearable, like you were choking in its negative cloud. "Let's settle in, then we will discuss."

"Welcome back, my lady." Your house droid Bel greets you, giving a small bow. An SN-D1 droid, reprogrammed for domestic use, closed the door behind Abie and Sara. "Shall I fetch some refreshments?"

"That would be wonderful, thank you Bel." You said aloud, watching her as she walked into the dining area. "Once she's finished, I'm shutting her off."

"Why?" Abie asked, stripping off his helmet and outer armor.

"It's only until we're done. I'm not taking chances."

"Anything else for now?" Bel said as she passed you a glass of water.

"No." You replied, setting the glass on the table in front of you. "Initiate sleep mode."

Another nod and Bel walked into her charge port, her glowy blue eyes fading as powered down. Walking up to her, you hurriedly searched for the complete switch off button, pushing it down. Grabbing the glass of water, you poured it in a nearby plant.

"You cannot be that paranoid." Sara observed. "We would've been notified of any tampering with the droid."

"I met him." You mumbled quietly, sitting back down in the living area. "He snuck into the library while I was trying to find the both of you."

Abie's eyes widened. "Ren."

You nodded solemnly, twisting off your bracelets. "I didn't know it was him at first."