Eternity

Xiao briskly nodded and the two climbed up a large tree, perching on a thick branch together.

They watched the sky change colors for a while, but soon Xiao got bored.

He tentatively looked over at Venti, whose eyes were glued to the sky. He gulped and looked down at Venti's hand which was sitting on the branch.

...do I?

Venti watched the sunset carefully, feeling one of Xiao's fingers lace with his. He swiftly turned, expecting to see Xiao but he was facing away, his separate hand covering his flustered face.

Venti sighed and leaned in to rest his head on Xiao's shoulder. Xiao looked over at Venti in shock. Venti looked up at Xiao again, smiling sweetly.

Xiao's face was a brilliant pink, almost the same unique rose of the sky. Venti put his hand on Xiao's cheek for a moment and paused, looking into Xiao's eyes. Xiao didn't say a word, instead he shivered a little and tears pricked his eyes.

 Xiao didn't say a word, instead he shivered a little and tears pricked his eyes

Xiao put his hand over Venti's and closed his eyes slowly. He wasn't even surprised, he was almost expecting it. All thoughts left his head as the sunset seemingly paused, and he returned Venti's kiss. A single tear fell from his eye and dropped on the branch.

Venti soon pulled away. Saying nothing He simply smirked and sung his arm around Xiao, leaving room for the other to lean into Venti's touch.

The sunset soon carried on, ranges of pinks and violets rearranging slowly downward as they sky darkened.

Venti turned over slightly to face Xiao once again as the sky nearly blackened.

Xiao softly smiled, his eyes a bit sad. Not because he didn't enjoy Venti's affection, but because he was scared of being abandoned.

"Please don't leave me.." Xiao whispered, tears at his eyes again hugging Venti gently.

"I wouldn't. Not for all of eternity. Not for any million years, because countless as time is, love is larger than life itself. It can't be undone. We can outlive Teyvat for all I care-- as long as we are together."

Venti brushed the tears away from Xiao's eyes, to which the male smiled up at him once more.

Venti wrapped his arms gently around Xiao's neck and kissed Xiao again. He passionately returned it and giggled with excitement.

And for all the years that the stars would glow, Venti and Xiao would remain hand in hand, the two ruling over freedom and wind. They were finally free, and Xiao's worries were soon laid to rest.