Day 2, Part 3

Biting into my soba, I'm in heaven. I've already had some in the food court earlier today, but there's a difference in quality between there and the restaurant. Granted, it's hard for me to dislike cold soba regardless of who prepares it. But this is easily some of the best soba I've had in a very long time.

Rody approaches our table with a heartwarming grin, Pino on his shoulder. "How is everyone enjoying their food?"

Kirishima, who's too busy eating his curry to give a verbal response, shoots Rody a thumbs up. The rest of us express our gratitude as well. Even Bakugou mumbles a few praises, though I figure it's because he feels bad for causing a scene at last night's dinner.

"Perfect," Rody says, clapping his hands together. Pino follows suit and presses the tips of her wings together.

"Hey Rody," Denki says, "what kind of bird is Pino? I want to look into getting one for myself when we return home."

Rody lets out what I presume to be a nervous laugh before glancing toward the ceiling. "Oh, well...uh, let's just say that Pino is very special. One of a kind, actually."

"Can we clone her?" Sero asks.

Pino crosses her wings into an x as if to say, No way. The gesture is so wholesome that I can't help but smile.

Rody grins too. "Let me know if you guys need anything else." Pino sings a pleasant tune before the two of them tend to the table the teachers and Eri are sitting at.

I see Iida stand from his seat and head to the girls' table. He exchanges a few words with them, though they're too far away for me to hear. Whatever it is though, it must be good since all the girls are nodding enthusiastically.

"I wonder what they're talking about," Midoriya says.

Kirishima tilts his chin up to get a better view. "Looks like we're about to find out."

Mina approaches our table and rests her hands on both Kirishima's and Sero's shoulders. "Hey, boys! We're all planning to hit up the teen club after dinner."

Bakugou groans. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me."

She frowns. "Don't be such a stick in the mud. It'll be fun! There'll be music and dancing, and hey, you may meet someone cute. Oh and don't worry Denki, class B is coming too."

Denki beams. "Well, I'm convinced."

The others agree to go as well, apart from me and Bakugou. While I don't want to spoil everyone's excitement, the idea of dancing and mingling isn't all that appealing to me. In a situation like that, I'm usually the lone one in the corner just watching everyone else while I sip on some juice. But if what Mina says is true and class B will be there, maybe I can hang out with Shinsou or something like I did during the dance contest.

"Yeah," I say, "I'll go too."

"That just leaves Kacchan," Midoriya says.

Bakugou scrunches his face as he scans the table, directing a cold stare at each of us. The vein in his temple throbs as we sit in silence, waiting for his answer. I find this drawn out response unnecessary since he's obviously going to decline, but that doesn't make it any less intimidating. 

My stomach drops as he locks eyes with me. The others probably don't notice, but I can feel it. His eyes hold much greater intensity when they focus on me as opposed to the rest of them.I don't know how to interpret that. Is it possible he hates me even more now after standing up for me to that creep? It wouldn't make sense since I never asked for his help, but then again hardly anything Bakugou does ever makes complete sense. Or maybe he doesn't hate me as much as before, which in turn makes him want to hate me more. I don't know. Now I'm the one not making any sense. It's only with Bakugou that my thoughts get all jumbled like this.