Day 3, Part 1

"Get up, Kaminari."

Aizawa lifts Denki by the backpack before his lips touch the pavement. Denki, legs dangling in the air, offers an innocent smile at Aizawa.

"Sorry," he says. "I'm just happy to be back on land."

"Doesn't mean you have to kiss the ground as soon as you step off the ship," Aizawa replies before dropping him.

The Unity docked at the port for Yasuragi Island in the early hours of the morning. We'll be here for two days, which is great since there's plenty I'm looking forward to. As fun as the last two days have been, we're all desperate to explore outside the confinements of the ship.

I didn't sign up for any excursions at this island, instead saving them for the next two we visit. It seems most of the group did the same thing as the majority of us are standing in line for a bus to take us to one of the beaches for a day of fun and relaxation. Since we're such a large group, we end up letting quite a bit of people cut in front of us since we all won't fit on the bus and have to wait for the next one. I play chopsticks in line with Midoriya to pass the time.

When the next bus arrives, Aizawa takes a head count as we board. Since we essentially have the bus to ourselves given our large group size, people are free to sit where they want. I stop at a row toward the back, Midoriya close behind me. Assuming the two of us are to sit together, I slide into the window seat. Though as I climb in, I don't hear the sound of Midoriya following me, just a loud thud.

"Move it, nerd."

Rotating my head back toward the aisle, Midoriya is lying face down on the ground. Bakugou then literally walks over him and slides in next to me.

I blink in disbelief. "Did you push him down?"

He huffs. "I pushed him, but he only fell because he's too weak to keep his feet on the ground."

Midoriya scrambles to his feet and sits in the row behind us. Uraraka pulls out a pack of band-aids from her bag and slides in next to him to help him with his scrapes.

"Why would you do that?"

Bakugou closes his eyes and leans the back of his head against the seat. "He was in my way."

"I'm okay, Todoroki!" Midoriya calls from behind me. "Just got a couple scratches, is all."

I turn around so I can see for myself. Sure enough, he looks fine. He's sporting that always wholesome Midoriya smile, his freckles much more prominent after the sun exposure he's endured over the last two days. Directing my attention back to Bakugou, I frown at him.

"Why didn't you just say you wanted to sit next to me?"

Bakugou shoots his eyes back open and looks at me. His cheeks are now a deeper shade of red than his eyes, which is impressive in itself.

He grunts. "It's not that I wanted to sit next to you. Aizawa said we're on a buddy system. I'm just doing what he ordered us to do."

That's true, Aizawa did tell us that whenever we're off the ship, we need to use a buddy system. To keep things simple, buddy assignments are the same as our roommate assignments. So, basically, Bakugou and I aren't allowed to venture off alone anywhere without the other tagging along.

I guess that explains why he's still so red right now. He's probably mad at me for forgetting and assuming he'd willingly choose to sit by me.

"I don't think the buddy system applies until we get to the beach though," I tell him. "So you can sit somewhere else in the meantime if you'd like."