Day 9, Part 1

For the first time ever, I wake up in Katsuki's arms. Head on his chest, I look up at him. He's already awake, a smile quickly forming on his face as he notices my eyes opening.

"Morning," he says before kissing my forehead.

"Hi," I whisper, brushing my cheek against his chest. "How long have you been up?"

"About an hour," he replies.

"And you've just been laying here this whole time?"

He hugs me tighter. "You looked so cute that I didn't want to wake you."

I adjust myself so I can reach up and press my lips to his. He removes his arms from around me and cups my face, smiling into the kiss. I find myself smiling too as we lie there, neither of us pulling away from the other. In a few short days, I've developed a serious addiction to Katsuki's lips. And his touch. And just Katsuki in general.

I wouldn't mind waking up like this every day.

My lips chase after his when he finally breaks for air as if they're magnetized. Katsuki pecks me once more before running his fingers through my hair. "It's our last day," he mumbles.

God, he has the sexiest morning voice. It's the only good thing to come from what he just said. He's right, today is our last day of our summer break. Technically there's tomorrow, but we'll be departing The Unity for good early in the morning, so it doesn't really count.

"I wanna stay," I whine. "This sucks."

Katsuki lovingly caresses my arm. "I know. This has by far been the best summer break I've ever had."

I smirk at him. "Any particular reason for that?"

He grins back. "Just this guy who's totally out of my league. His only real flaw is that out of everyone in the world, he's somehow interested in me."

"I think you're being too hard on yourself," I answer playfully. "In my professionally biased opinion, you're pretty perfect too."

Katsuki pulls me in for another kiss, this one a bit more forceful than the last. "Maybe, but still nowhere close to you."

I scan his face, my smile growing wider as my eyes wander over every detail. His eyes are especially captivating this morning. Perhaps it's due to what went down between us last night. Though we haven't solidified this as an official relationship yet, I'm also not in a rush to. The two of us have already established that we're only interested in being with each other, plus we're now on a first name basis. I'm sure the official status of becoming boyfriend and boyfriend will happen sooner rather than later.

"I was wondering," he says, "can I take you on a date today? Since it's our last day and all."

"A date?" I reply. I wasn't expecting that to be a topic of conversation while we're still in bed, not that I'm complaining.

He sucks in his lower lip. "Yeah. I mean, I like you. When you like someone, you take them on a date. At least I think that's how it goes."

I stifle a laugh. I feel bad for finding Katsuki so adorable when he's flustered like this, but then again I don't. "Sure. Did you have something in mind?"

He shrugs. "Our friends will be with us when we visit the island today, which isn't ideal. But maybe we can find little things to do here and there for just the two of us."

"I'm fine with that."

"Good." He lets out a nervous chuckle. "Just keep in mind, I've never really dated anyone before so I don't really know what I'm doing."