To build a home ☁️- {Silco x GN!Reader}

Requested: No
Prompt: Listening to old songs and letting them carry you to an another time

A/N: I just rewatched Arcane for the 12th time and made myself sad by watching episode 9 again. So Silco fluff :) There are no major spoilers I think?? Sorry if there are any.

Relationships mentioned: Silco x Gn!reader(established relationship), Sevika x Gn!reader (platonic)

Characters mentioned: Silco, Sevika, Jinx

Song: To build a home by The cinematic orchestra, Patrick Watson

Warnings:⚠️ Tooth rotting fluff, Mentions of drugs, Mentions of alcohol⚠️

Word count: 0.8k

Walking into The Last Drop, the smell of shimmer hit your nose with extreme force

Walking into The Last Drop, the smell of shimmer hit your nose with extreme force. It was close to closing so the only people left were a few passed out drunks, shimmer addicts high as kites and of course Sevika. Walking toward the stairs, past Sevika's booth, shooting a smile toward her as you walked, making your way to Silco's office. Reaching the top of the stairs you see Jinx swing open the office door and skip down the hallway, "Hiya [name]!" she shouts happily as she skips past you making her way down stairs. Letting out a breathy chuckle at the young girl's antics, you reached the office door at the end of the hallway. Entering the office you are faced with Silco, eyes closed, hair dishevelled, holding a glass of bourbon to his head in an attempt to relieve a migraine most likely caused by Jinx or something work related. Closing the door behind you, which caused Silco to be aware of your presence. Placing the glass down he spoke "Hello love." he looked exhausted.

There is a house built out of stone, wooden floors, walls and window sills.

Smiling as you walked over to the otherside of the large wooden desk, as you came towards him he leant back into his chair and patted his thigh, as if to say 'take a seat'. As you took a seat on Silcos lap, legs over the otherside of the armrest, the music playing from downstairs muffled by distance. Your hands reached to the man's hair and began to play with the ends of it, "stressful day?" you spoke calmly, turling his grey turning hair around your finger. "Something of the sort, nothing you need to worry yourself with." Silco tiredly replied, leaning against your touch. Your head leaned against the chair, the music from downstairs began to fill your ears, reminding you of simpler times. Times before Silco led Zaun, before the lanes knew the stench of shimmer.

Tables and chairs, worn by all the dust. This is a place where I don't feel alone.

Your face buried in his chest, his hand brushing the small of your back, music humming away in the background. The bright colours of the LED signs that covered The Undercity shining through the window. Black cotton sheets, draped over your bodies.

This is a place I feel at home.

You plunged your face further into his chest to hear the pounding of his heart, to hear his breathing. You knew you had fallen, but the realisation that you fell as hard as you had washed over your being.

And I built a home for you, for me. Until it disappeared from me, from you.

Knowing you desperately need him, to place his hand in yours, to rub his thumb against your own. The small apartment you shared was home, where the two of you could just exist in your own little paradise, apart from the rest of the world.

And now it's time to leave and turn to dust. Out in the garden where we planted the seeds.

The want to have him place his fingertips in the roots of your hair. To keep you in his arms, keep you safe. Even in the rundown shabby apartment you shared, felt safe with him, but only him, because without him, what would home be?

There is a tree as old as me, branches were sewn by the colour of green.

Silco stared up at you, studying your features. From the way the colours of the LED signs outside hit your face to the far away look in your eyes. "You okay there love?" Silco began pulling you away from memory lane. "Mhm, oh yeah i'm fine don't worry '' You smiled looking down toward his quizzical look. "Penny for your thoughts?"

Ground had arose and passed it's knees, by the cracks of the skin I climbed to the top.

"Just thinking." You divulged. "About?" Silco breathed still confused, maybe more so. "Before everything, back when we had that little apartment that was practically disintegrating." you breathed looking further into his gaze. He hummed in response as you moved your head down to his shoulder.

I climbed the tree to see the world, when the gusts came around to blow me down.

"It's crazy to think how far we've come." You spoke warmly, drawing shapes over his chest. "We have come far, we got the life we wanted, mostly." he said, words muffled by your temple. The sound of music from downstairs slowly started muting out, as you drifted into a dreamless sleep on Silco's lap.