Neon lights and glitter dust ☁️💔 -{Ekko x GN!Reader}

Request:
Can you write a hurt/comfort Ekko x reader, where Ekko and Reader were both best friends with Jinx/Powder and talk about their trauma, please - @MayaGlitchAndFreinds (on wattpad)

A/N: sorry this took so long, I took a break over christmas and new year :) happy '22 everyone. ALso this will contain spoilers for episode 7. Sorry if its bad

Relationships mentioned: Ekko/Gn! Reader (kind of platonic??), Jinx/Gn! Reader (Not specified), Powder/Gn! Reader (platonic), Ekko/Jinx (enemies), Ekko/Powder (platonic)

Characters mentioned: Ekko, Jinx/Powder, Benzo

Warnings: ⚠️foul language, bombs, attempted suicide????, attempted murder⚠️

Word count: 0.8k

You sat at the edge of one of the buildings near the main pipeline that led you to the firelight's base, the hum of the neon lights was almost deafening

You sat at the edge of one of the buildings near the main pipeline that led you to the firelight's base, the hum of the neon lights was almost deafening. The lights weren't always this loud, they weren't to anyone else, it most likely had to do with the faraway look in your eyes.
Ekko had been looking for you for almost an hour, after you stormed out of base, god knows why. "[name]?". You didn't reply, too caught up in your own mind to hear him or to realise he sat down next to you. "Oi" he called, poking your cheek, making you jump in the process. "When did you get there?" you spoke softly. "I teleported. Obviously". ''Haha very funny" you said sarcastically, rolling your eyes. A moment of silence was shared between you, as you both watched as the world below moved. Ekko turned to you, watching the way the lights reflected off your frame before speaking up, "Why'd you storm off?". "It was nothing...". "Doesn't seem like nothing." he muttered as you turned your head to face him. "Your not going to let this go are you?". "Not a chance.". "Do you want to know that badly?" You spoofed, as Ekko shot you a look, which was his way of saying 'get on with it'. "I heard someone say that they wished we could just hurry up and kill jinx." you sighed, looking back down to the street below, before carrying on "I mean I get they don't have the same attachments to her as we do, but it still hurts y'know?". "Yeah" he breathed. "I don't want to hurt her, I mean- damn she blew me up, to try to kill me and herself over some hextech.". "Gods how I wish I could go back to how it was". "Count me in that wish.". You started giggling to yourself, "What's so funny??" Ekko asked, completely confused. "Remember when we all tried to make one of Pow's glitter bombs work and we spilt glitter all over the floor" you laughed turning to face him again as Ekko began laughing along with you, it had been so long since the two of you could just exist, even longer since you could just be kids again. "Benzo completely regretted hiring me at that very moment." he spoke still continuing to laugh with you. "Oh yeah, 100%".
Benzo's shop was doused in hues of pink and blue from the lights shining into the windows, the three of you sat in the centre of the floor surrounded by wrenches, screws, wires and pots of glitter. "You're putting it in upside down!" Powder called reaching for the gear you were about to put in the bomb. "How- wh- How in the hell can a gear be upside down!?" You shouted back, sending the three of you into a massive laughing fit.
"Look what if we put this gear here... and the glitter compartment here" Ekko spoke with a tiny screwdriver in hand, You and powder leaning over his shoulders to see what he was doing. "Can you two not breathe on me?! I'm tryin' to concentrate!" He joked, causing Powder to step back, kicking over a large pot of pink glitter. "Shit!" she cursed, turning around to see the damage. "What did- Oh no.". "What did you do?" Ekko asked not turning around in his chair, still concentrated on the bomb in his hands. "Uhhh, don't turn around" you quickly blurted as you and Pow started trying to pick up as much glitter as you could with your hands. He placed the bomb onto the desk and without thinking, pushed the chair out with his legs knocking over more glitter. "Shit!" the three of you called in unison. The three of you spent the next hour trying to clean up the glitter, which included 4 glitter fights. By the time Benzo came back he was faced with three children and a shop covered in glitter. You lot were no longer allowed to be together and alone in the shop unattended.
You missed powder, So did Ekko. If only you could go back to before the explosion.