You Can Cry🌲

Type: Hurt/comfort

Warnings: None

---------

No matter what happened, Lilac was always bound by contract to seal away emotion. No matter what happened, he was in no way permitted to express it. No matter how many irritating antics Yogurt pulled. No matter the number of times Plain roughly pulled him aside by the wrist to berate him, or no matter how many times he stared lovingly into the eyes of whom he must kill; he must simply put on a stoic face and bare it.

It was horrible, just horrible.

When Lilac laid down for the night, he thought he was going to feel relief. Instead, he lay motionless in his bed, tears failing to flow, leaving him as a pathetic ball of pent-up frustration. Lilac would do anything to be freed from the chains of emotion, free from this prison that locked him away and prevented him from success. This cage he was locked away in was the downfall of everything.

Lilac rolled over, clenching his fists. He couldn't sleep, cry, anything at all. He despised the way he loved Yogurt—despised the way he'd been so trained to bottle it all up to the point where he could not even release it all in the privacy of his own room.

Sometimes, Lilac's feelings got hurt. And there was nothing he could do about it.

Lilac decided to just leave. Mayhaps a walk would do him some good.

He got up, rubbed his tired eyes, and began making his way out of the mansion. It took a good five minutes to navigate out the front door, but Lilac now stood outside, leaning against the railing.

He pondered how he could be this idiotic—idiotic enough to be in love. It was nothing but pathetic. If he could just kill Yogurt already, slit his throat open, then maybe this would all end.

But he couldn't. He wouldn't. He didn't want to kill Yogurt despite being hopelessly destined to.

He wanted peace already, but no matter how brightly the stars shined or how quiet the night was, it was simply not helping.

Lilac was so caught up in the thoughts which ate away at his brain that he had not even noticed Yogurt tugging on his arm.

"LIIILAC! LILAC!"

Yogurt was whining about something, and Lilac really did not feel like dealing with it right now, not at all. His head hurt, and he felt like he was going to punch someone. Lilac turned around, pushing Yogurt away. Unfortunately, it turns out that it had been quite roughly, as Yogurt tumbled backward to the point where he fell and hit the hard concrete behind him. Lilac immediately widened his eyes and began to apologize profusely.

Yogurt appeared a little betrayed, but then his gaze softened upon processing Lilac's pained expression. "Lilac? Are you feeling alright?"

Lilac looked away, sighing. He gripped tightly onto the railing and took a sharp inhale.

Yogurt Cream stood up, brushing himself off and approaching the taller male. "Y'know, if something is wrong then-"

"I'm alright." Lilac cut him off.

"Are- are you sure?" Yogurt gently placed his hand overtop Lilac's. Lilac only winced at the contact and remained silent. "Lilac, want to sit down with me?"

Lilac nodded and sat next to Yogurt on one of the many benches surrounding the palace. Once settled, Yogurt snaked his arm around Lilac's waist and huddled close, hugging him from the side.

Yogurt then looked Lilac in the eye worriedly. "What's wrong?"

Lilac stared at Yogurt. He's gotten closer to Yogurt; that was a fact for sure, but he has never exactly... opened up. The last time Lilac opened up to someone else dated far back to his childhood. Lilac knew that that wasn't healthy, but he didn't see any other option. Emotion was a burden that he would stop at nothing to get rid of.