i would rather ship kaeya with a shoe than with lumine

I'm going to have some more chapters about shipping in the future since there's a lot of different topics under "shipping" that I want to rant about. First up, we'll talk about the idea of "shipping something that doesn't make any sense or isn't as well-known = not okay". This basically refers to those rare pairs and well, ships where the characters have never interacted/hardly ever interact/are enemies and hate each other's guts/one is a villain and the other is a hero/etc.

I personally think that if the shipper isn't being rude, mean, forceful with their ships, or claiming that the ship is "canon" when it's not, then I don't care if they ship characters that doesn't make any sense. What's the damn point of leaving a hate comment under a post that's made for people who like that ship? Someone shipping something doesn't (and shouldn't) affect anybody (and obviously this is assuming if the shipper is respectful and not going overboard).

Obviously I have a line that I draw. I don't like it when people ship a kid (someone like Klee for example) with a teenager or an adult. But that's personally for me and I don't care if people do. Again - this is a different topic with the controversy of fiction and its ships. I'm not going to attack people who do like what I don't like.

Here, we won't consider that whole idea of shipping a kid and just refer to the other reasons I have made earlier, like about the shipper not being mean, not being forceful, etc. I've come across a lot of fan arts of ships that doesn't make any sense or isn't as well-known and never once have I found all positive comments. There's always that one person (or more) who HAS to say shit to show how much they hate the ship.

For example, I saw this really cute fan art of Lumine and Kaeya hugging under the moonlight. Aside from the typical "tHat's iLleGal OMG!!!!" comments, there were also:

ewwww kaelumi omg that ship literally makes no sense and it's so stupid omg y'all really mentally deranged out here literally i would rather ship kaeya with a shoe than with lumine (WHICH MAKES LITERALLY NO SENSE THEY LITERALLY NEVER TALKED AT ALL)

^ Guys.... I think this person is playing a different game than us?

ur style is SO good but like it looks like shit now only bc youre a kaelumi shipper 💀

Sending hate to an artist who isn't harming anybody at all is really pathetic. The artist is just sharing their artwork and their love for the ship. But some haters think it's better to leave hate instead of scrolling away and blocking the artist. Admittedly it does get annoying when people only care about the ships in the game and not the content itself (these people always say things like "ok cool but where's the romance for ___" under update posts that Genshin and fans post about). So I stay away from those types of shippers and block if needed.

To talk a bit about the ship Kaelumi, I think it's cute and I can see their dynamic working. I can imagine Kaeya flirting with Lumine and Aether getting angry and trying to end Kaeya. Either way, the thought of the characters' dynamic and some of the scenes that occurred are common reasons why people ship these ships.

If you do ship these kinds of ships, which one(s) do you ship? I like Zhonglumi, Dilumi, Albelumi (uhhh I may or may not be a big Lumine harem fan....), Kaejean, Chongling, Ayalumi (please MiHoYo let Ayaka see her again), and some other ones.

No hate to Aether or anything btw. I love both Travelers but only mention Lumine because I play her.

♦︎ AnnoyedAsian