if you're an adult who likes young looking characters, you are a pedo

So I think aside from the Kaeluc controversy, age assumption is a big thing in this fandom
and it's one of my biggest annoyances when it comes to this fandom too.

Stop claiming your age assumptions to be true.

The most you can do is make these assumptions based on lore, quests, etc. but that's it. Don't say things are "canon", "a fact", "the truth", whatever. You can let me know if there IS a character that has a canon age - as in the game literally states the age of the character right then and there. I can't think of any atm.

At least say something like: "Oh btw I headcanon Barbara as 15!" or "To me, I see the following characters as minors, so I don't feel comfortable writing sexual content on them!"

It's as easy and simple as that. But I've been seeing this problem of age assumption a lot from Genshin authors here on Wattpad. And because of the woke culture in America and other Western countries, people hype it up even though the things that the authors are saying are completely false, misinformed, misleading, etc. (this applies to not only age assumption but also other things too).

It sucks because these authors have pretty big followings, which is an issue when a lot of those followers will blindly listen to what their favorite authors are saying because it must be true. It's like when crazy fans follow and support whatever their favorite celebrities say and do (especially a problem with k-pop fans).

So here are some examples of snippets of bios and author notes that I've seen about age assumption:

Btw, I am NOT writing for any of the minors like Chongyun, Scaramouche, Razor, Barbara, the KIDS (duh), etc. because that is gross and illegal. If you indulge in any romantic stuff or sexual stuff on them then gtfo you aren't wanted here.

1. Someone looking young does NOT mean they are young
(You should never especially assume this irl.... a lot of asian women face this problem and the things that has happened to them are ridiculous, like when they're in public with their partner and woke people call the police on the man for pedophilia. Anyways, there's a lot to say about this but I'll stop short here).

2. It's illegal in real life (in a lot if not all US states) when you commit sexual acts as an adult to a minor. But don't assume everybody reading your work is from the US. Someone in the comment said "um I'm not from north america so can someone explain to me about this illegal thing and why the author is so pressed at me and other people in the comments rn?" (Basically some people commented their opinions that was different from the author and the author was insulting everybody and reporting them for "being illegal" lmao).

Hu Tao, Chongyun, Xingqui, Bennett, Razor, Barbara, and a lot of other characters are all minors according to mihoyo. So don't ask me to write any smut or lime on them.  

I don't write about illegal stuff so don't request for any of the minors aka Bennett, Razor, Barbara, and others just ask and I'll tell you their ages. Also, you guys shouldn't be shipping any of the minors either, especially with an adult. Please DNI if you do.

I think I already mentioned this before in past chapters, but don't say "shouldn't" as if your opinions about things in fiction are more superior and "right" than other people's. Again - someone shipping some fictional characters isn't harming you or anybody else. It's cool if you feel that way about shipping, but it's not needed to insult and tell people to die (which is exactly what the author did).

Venti and Xiao and Scaramouche are minors, period. DNI if you think otherwise. I am well aware they are old BUT I do not care because they look young in appearance. If you're an adult who likes young looking characters, you are a pedo. Period.

I notice that quite a lot of people associate young looking (both irl and in fiction) people/characters to being a minor. Obviously not always a true association at all. Again - cool if you think like this but don't claim that things are canon or say it as if it's a fact when it's not. It is CANON that Venti, Xiao, and Scaramouche are way older despite their young faces and short heights. Saying you "do not care because they look young in appearance" is stupid.

An adult liking young looking characters and minors (or teenagers if you are unfamiliar with the word "minors") doesn't make that person a pedo. Educate yourself on the word before making big claims like that.

Examples of authors who are respectful and clearly point out that it's their own morals and opinions:

Just a quick little note that I won't write romantic and sexual things for Razor, Barbara, and Bennett because *I* see them as teenagers (15-16). It's okay if you see them as older or if you do write anything beyond familial or friendship for them. I just don't! Please be respectful everybody. I will block anyone who isn't civil.

So I know everybody has their own opinions on things in fiction like shipping, ages, whatever the hell it is, and I'm chill with it as long as you don't force anybody else to have the same views as you or keep bringing it up randomly for no reason. With that said, the Genshin characters don't have canon ages (at least I don't think any of them do) so know that I HEADCANON these characters as minors, so I won't write sexual content on them!! But again - no hate to you or anyone you know who doesn't mind these things.

And here's just a side thing that I saw in someone's bio that made me laugh -

If you're planning on commenting on my stories pls be aware of my boundaries:
- Kaeluc will never be tolerated don't even argue on that

Btw I want to make it obvious that it is OKAY for this author to have boundaries. Nothing wrong with that. She also talks about feeling uncomfortable with any traveller ships and other things in a respectful way, but then when it came to Kaeluc, she immediately switched. Her bio at the end said how she promises she's nice, which is what I found to be funny bc of that obvious Kaeluc comment.

Good to see that she's willing to be civil and listen to other views and explanations lmao.

Anyways, are there any Wattpad bios or Genshin books you guys have seen about age assumption too? Or anything that stood out to you or found to be funny?

♦︎ AnnoyedAsian