Chapter 21.5: Floppy Bunny Ears

Cute short little chapter, with a bit of a long author's note at the end.

. . . . .

"I still can't believe you've won twenty-one poker games in a row, Rimmy," Talleigh spoke.

"But Talleigh, it looks cute, doesn't it?" came a reply from Shuna.

"...'Cute' is a word I never woulda thought to describe myself, ever."

Talleigh had to submit designs for a custom-made playboy bunny outfit, as per the terms of the poker game that she had lost. And, honoring her end of the deal, the Automaton did so reluctantly.

It didn't take long for Shuna to finish making the outfit.

"Hold still. It seems this doesn't fit as well as I'd thought. Let me sew these a little tighter," came the voice of the pink-haired Kijin.

"Whatever you say, lass."

Rimuru could hear the two talking from the other side of the folding screen. The humanoid slime promptly perked up when he heard Shuna ask, "Does it fit now?"

"Yea... wait, fuck, I should be stalling if I don't want Rim to see."

Of course, Rimuru was listening to every word.

"Now, don't be shy. I think it looks nice!"

From behind the folding screen, Talleigh stepped out, clad in that bunny suit outfit.

If there was an unexpected word Rimuru had to use to describe the bunny suit that Talleigh was wearing, it would be... modest.

Because, for a playboy bunny outfit, it was rather modest. Although there was no getting rid of the fact that it was very form-fitting, it actually didn't show that much skin.

The Automaton's upper body was wrapped in a long-sleeved black coat, one that was rather reminiscent of a tuxedo's jacket, complete with a tie and everything. Two, long knee-length coat-tails stuck out from the back of the coat, and two much shorter ones went down the front of Talleigh's thighs. The length of her arms was clad in the long sleeves of the coat, and the ends of the sleeves had white fabric wrist cuffs.

The black leotard that was worn underneath blended in well with the coat. It was high-cut, like a typical playboy bunny leotard. Unlike a typical bunny suit outfit, it did well to cover any and all skin on the torso and chest. The lack of cleavage was only accented by the tuxedo jacket worn on top.

The legs, too, were clad in a pair of smooth black-gray tights, ones that were hardly transparent. Each foot was enveloped by a pair of non-heeled dress shoes, and the polished black leather reflected the lights of the room.

The only thing Rimuru was mildly surprised at was the lack of high heels, for accuracy's sake.

Finally, Talleigh's hair was done in a rather neat ponytail, with enough of the long hair hanging down to give the Automaton that youthful look. A pair of fabric bunny ears protruded from a headband that was placed on her head.

The humanoid slime could only stare at the gunsmith, and in return, the Automaton only stared back.

"So, you jus' gonna stare at me, or what?"

Rimuru blinked and promptly shook his head to clear his thoughts.

"I have to admit. You look nice."

"She does, right?" Shuna chipped in, stepping from behind Talleigh. "I've never seen such an outfit design before. It is rather unorthodox compared to what I've made."