Prologue

I love him. Right from the start I knew I would love him but that I couldn't have him. He's so beautiful. Yes, this man is beautiful. His smile lights up his face and can melt the coldest of hearts. His tattoos, I see them as a glimpse into his beautiful mind. His eyes, those memorizing eyes of his. The way he walks, talks, his demeanor. It all just draws you in.

But once you are lucky enough to get to know him as I have you'll fall, so hard for him. He makes you feel like you're free falling and drowning all at the same time. How can that be? His witiness, charm, and charisma. Is what keeps you grounded. You can try to leave as I had many times but i've always found myself right back where I started, with him falling all over again. It was like I couldn't escape him although he wasn't what I was trying to get away from. What I was trying to get away from were my feelings for him. It never worked. We somehow always found each other again.

I moved away, he moved away yet, we always were drawn back together. "I missed you so much darling", he'd say whenever we'd reunite. "I missed you too bub", i'd say. We'd embrace and end up at either of our places. We'd share these moments where tender touches and looks were often exchanged. At the end of the night we'd wind up in bed.

We wouldn't have sex, no that wasn't our thing. We'd cuddle up close to one another staring into each other's eyes while holding hands until we fell asleep. Then i'd wake up in the morning and he'd be gone as if he was nothing more than dust in the wind. We didn't have a normal relationship but it was normal for us. Some may think that he leads me on but he doesn't. He never has. Later in the day i'd hear from him and she'd be there.

She's the one to make him smile, laugh, and look at them with so much fondness it can't be good for anyone's heart that sees. She doesn't like me but i've never given her reason to feel that way about me. I love him yes, but I have never crossed that line coming out of my place with him. She is his fiancee and I know his heart belongs to her. I never interfere.

I do not date neither. It'd be wrong to lead someone on when I know I wasn't ready to be with someone like that. Yet, we still have our intimate time together. Time that we spend out and about or at one of our special places that no-one but us know about. I remember one-day he asked me, "Why do you keep leaving me?" I didn't really know how to answer that question.

I thought about it for a while but I couldn't come up with an acceptable answer that wouldn't ruin us. "Why are you thinking so hard? Do you think I will be angry or something? I love you darling and nothing you say could ever change that. Why do you keep leaving me? Is it me that's making you want to leave?", he said. I shook my head, "No, it's me. You're perfect bub. You've always been. I won't leave anymore, not unless you want me to", I told him ignoring him saying he loves me. He smiled, "I'd never ask you to. Call me selfish, but I want you to stay by my side forever. Can you promise that you'll never leave me again like you did?", was his response.

I smiled sadly, "I promise bub. Just promise me that you'll never want me to either", I said. He smiled and pecked me on the lips, "I promise darling", he whispered before hugging me close to him. We have a strange relationship but it works for us. Right from the start we had each other. We got each other. I'm madly in love with him but I know he'll never be mine, yet somehow he is and will forever be.

«A/N so this is my new story. This is an original story that I got inspired to write after listening to "I Won't Mind" but this is my own interpretation. I hope you like it. This story is about a complicated yet simple friendship between a man and a woman. I hope that you enjoy it the ride. It's not going to be long. Maybe 10 chapters at the most, so a short story. Anyways, I would really like to know your opinion on the story as I go. So vote, comment please. Deuces!✌»