Sides

While Lylia's wounds were the result of an accident, Harley still felt as he was the one to blame. An all too familiar feeling of dread crept into his body, he found himself wondering if everything was worth risking yet again.

The moment the first thought slid through his mind he immediately pushed it away. Harith who hadn't left his side since the one sided fight went down squeezed his hand.

His ears still hung low, but he tried to smile. He almost believed it too if it wasn't for his ears, even his tail was wrapped around himself.

He felt guilty for hurting him again. He could see it in his eyes. He wanted to comfort him so badly, but he couldn't. He couldn't just tell him it was alright after all if they hadn't come to his home Lylia wouldn't be in this situation.

Yeah, Harith patched her up and it wasn't entirely his fault for her life threatening injuries yet he still blamed him.

He blamed him, he blamed his sisters, and most importantly he blamed himself for getting himself on this mess.

Since the task force he's been and emotional wreak, hell of someone had placed a mind reading spell on him he was sure whoever the caster was, was rethinking their life choices since he'd been thinking the same things on repeat for weeks.

"Harith, do you mind going downstairs for a bit? I don't think Lylia would be too fond of seeing any of you guys when she wakes up"

Harley didn't even have to see the look on Harith's face to know that he was hurt, on the other hand he knew that Harith knew why he wanted to be alone.

"Of course, let me know if you need anything" he only managed to give a weak nod, as he left the room.

The sound of the door clicking shut behind him was enough for the dam holding the tears back to collapse.

The tears he cried out earlier were no where near the same as the fat crocodile tears that rolled down his cheeks.

He was sure everyone downstairs could hear his sobs from how loudly he was being. He tried to quite down, however his emotions were spilling uncontrollably out of him that it was no use.

His breath turned shaky and came out short and shallow. His arms circled around his chest where his finger nails dug into his shoulders with every choked off sob.

Eventually his head was pressed against  Lylia's arm, his tears dripping onto her arm. The bandages soaked up his tears leaving a damp patch behind.

"I'm sorry" he whispered brokenly even though he knew she couldn't hear him.

With every new tear that left his eyes the more his body shook, his eye lids grew heavy to the point where Harley soon passed out form exhaustion.

From how much he cried he expected to be out for quite a few hours, his body had no plans to wake up any time soon.

The only reason he slowly drifted back to reality was due to the soft fingers that were playing with his hair. They'd gently went through his curls unknotting the tangled parts.

When Harley's eyes fluttered open he immediately groaned out in pain at the dryness of his eyes.

"You really cried yourself out for months haven't you" a voice giggled quietly, as his hair got ruffled.

All the person got in return was a grunt. A yawn forced itself out of his mouth followed by his joints popping from his quick stretches.

Harley had to blink a few times to focus his eyes, when he did he felt like crying all over again.

Lylia sat in front of him with a small smile curved onto her lips. "Are you going to give me a hug, or are just going to stare at me?" She giggled again with her arms open.

This time he didn't hesitate to launch himself into her embrace, which wasn't the best idea hearing the light hiss of pain that she let out.

He quickly apologized which she just waved off and continued to hug him tightly.

"Are you hurt?" She asked and released him form the hug in order to scan him over.

"I'm a little banged up, I sorta went through something similar" he chuckled wetly

Her eyes darken. Harley blinked when he noticed a small shadow energy appear in the palm of her hand.

"Lylia—" he got caught off by Gloom popping into the room.

"Gloom search the house" Gloom gobbled up the shadow energy before leaving the room to fulfill her command.

"Lylia, they're still here." Lylia narrowed her eyes at him.

"What do you mean their still here? gloom" hearing the edge in her voice he winced slightly.

Gloom who had went to search the house came back into the room by the hole in the wall.

Harley bit his lip. "Can you guys come up here!"

Lylia looked taken back by his request. He could see the clog wheels truning in her head, as she tried to process why on earth he was inviting them up here.

She sat up straighter, and even went as far as to tuck her legs close to her body.
When the door swung open she was edge.

She didn't react much to Harith other than a flinch. When Wanwan and Nana walked in next that's when all hell broke loose.

Lylia eyes widened and she immediately brought her hand up to form shadow energy. "Wait! Ly—"

When the ball was created she threw it at two girls with Gloom chasing it.

The two girls yelped and dodged. Wanwan instinctively brought her hands up to shoot her with her needles only for Harith to pin her arms down to shoot at the ground instead of repeating the events from earlier.

Nana on the other hand reached into her pocket and threw Molina at her just as Gloom ate the Shadow energy and let out an explosion.

Luckily no one was hurt other than Lylia falling off the bed as she tried to get away from Molina.

While she was still transformed Harley grabbed her tightly, so when she transforms back she didn't attack.

When Lylia transformed back she was scared. Her eyes were wide with fear and her heart was pounding fast.

❤︎ E N D  O F ❤︎
❤︎ C H A P T E R ❤︎
___________________________

❤︎ W O R D  C O U N T ❤︎

1104

❤︎ N O T E ❤︎
One chapter left! Hope you have a wonderful day or night

❤︎ ꪶꪮꪜꫀ ꪖsꫝ ❤︎
___________________________