Chapter 21

Koffi

^^^^

I woke up to the uncomfortable feeling of my couch. I rubbed my eyes tiredly as I looked beside me, seeing Texas knocked out. She had spent the day with me at my new house yesterday. We ended up watching a bunch of movies and playing games. I gave her a house your and she'd ended up staying over because we fell asleep late. She was sleeping with her mouth wide open but she still looked peaceful. Her hair was all over the place and she was just naturally beautiful.

I slowly and quietly eased off the couch and went upstairs to take a shower. I had work today and had to check on the new Kaffeine. I was in no rush, though. It just had to get done some time today.

When I was with Texas, everything moved in slow motion. I could take my time with her and I wasn't in a hurry. I never thought I'd even open up this much to someone ever again. But, she showed me something different, and that shit is driving me crazy. She's really what I need in my life.

I just feel like I don't know what I'm doing. The very last relationship I had was in high school and she showed me why I don't need anybody in my life. My mother showed me the exact same. I have no idea how to treat a woman who I highly value. I mean, I treat my sister that way but this is not my sister, this is someone I'm trying to make my wife one day.

I'm trying my very hardest not to fuck this up.

I stepped out of the shower and got my hygiene together before getting dressed. I headed back downstairs to see Texas in the kitchen and no longer on the couch, dead asleep. She has her back turned to me and she fried eggs in the pan. I crept up behind her and grabbed her waist swiftly, making her jump.

"I almost hit your dumbass with this spatula." She joined me in my laughter. I snaked my arms around her and pressed myself against her. I kissed behind her ear and along her neck

"Stop it." She told me as she pushed me away playfully.

"What you got going on today?" I asked her while I sat on the barstool, supervising her cook. 

"I need to stop at the shop to check on my new employees. I haven't been able to make sure they settled in 'cause I've been so busy." She explained and I nodded at her words. "What about you? What do you have going on today?"

"I gotta go check on the construction for the new Kaffeine and some of my employees are out today so I'll pick up their appointments for today," I told her as she took the pan off the stove and shared out the eggs into two plates and took the toasts out the toaster.

"How'd you find all my shit in this kitchen, anyway?" I smiled as he placed one of the plates in front of me.

"Your kitchen is set up just like mine." She shrugged. "Everything seemed to be in place."

"Great minds, huh?" I looked over to her as she sat next to me. She grabbed my hand and lowered her head before praying out loud. I didn't realize she was praying until halfway through the prayer. She ended the prayer and dug in as I did the same.

------

Texas

^^^^^

"Hey, everybody." I smiled wide as I walked into my building. I honestly missed being here. I've been so busy and I haven't been able to come here often. Thankfully, my friends and brother can handle the responsibility when I'm not there.

"Hey, Girl." Mel hugged me. I put my things down in my office and went straight to visit my new employees in their cubicles. I first went to Saniah's cubicle. She is a 20 year old petite black woman.

"Hey, Saniah." I greeted her as she looked up from her sketchbook.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Texas." She smiled at me.

"How's everything? Are you settling in? Any questions?" I asked her.

"It's going great. Dezi has been helping me and making sure I'm good. As you know, I'm experienced so I just needed more adjustment to the environment. The only question I have is if Julius is single?" She added in and I couldn't help but to laugh.

"I don't know, child. You'll have to ask him." I told her and she smiled to herself. I left to her to do whatever else she was doing and visited the rest of my new employees. They all seemed to be settling in fine and I'm glad.

Everything seemed to be moving smoothly in my life. The shop is going great and I'm a part of the new Kaffeine. In addition, I have great friends and working towards a relationship. Life couldn't be better for me right now and I was grateful.

Little did I know, this was calm before the big ass storm.

Author' Note: HAPPY NEW YEAR'S MY LUVS💞💞💞💞