The Plan

Gregory's p.o.v

"Gregory, shouldn't you be in school right now or something?"

"I'm homeschooled. I got done early today, so I came to visit you, Freddy."

"Oh, I see. Well, do your parents mind you being here?" He asked me.

I looked down, trying to remember them. I thought hard for a second, but nothing came to mind. I could remember my dad had glasses, and that my mom had brown eyes, but that was about it.

I looked back up and nodded. The subject of my parents was uncomfortable, but I dealt with it.

Some kid walked by me and bumped into me. I glared at the back of his head, but he didn't notice. He didn't even notice I existed.

'Just like everyone else,' I thought.

"Hey, Freddy? What's with all the questions?" I asked him.

He looked surprised that I'd asked for a moment, but quickly recovered and said that he was just curious.

"Well, you know a lot about me, but I know almost nothing about you."

I nodded and thought. Eventually, I asked him what he wanted to know.

"Lots of things," he told me, "but there are a few... Things.... I wanted to ask."

I nodded again, urging him to go on.

"How come I've never seen your parents walk you in or out?" He asked me. As he did, the others walked up.

Vanessa asked what was going on and Freddy explained.

"Well, they're busy. Work and stuff, I guess. I don't really mind it, though. I don't even notice that they're gone anymore," I said.

Chica reached forwards and hugged me.

"Aw you poor thing! Well, you go home today and ask them to take a day off so you three can hang out together."

I wanted to say that it wasn't that easy, but I knew that if I did, it'd only raise suspicions.

I kept quiet for a second longer and Monty asked when my birthday was.

That was a question I could answer just fine.

"December twenty-fourth," I said.

"Really?" Freddy asked me. "Isn't that on some kind of holiday?"

"Yeah. It's on Christmas Eve," said Vanessa.

"That's cool, I guess," said Roxanne, not looking very impressed.

"So what do you want for your birthday?" Vanessa asked me.

I thought for a moment. My birthday was still a few months away, so I hadn't thought about it.

"Hm... Maybe a toy train."

"Is that it?" Chica asked me.

"Well that and a sandwich," I said.

Honestly, it was hard finding good food when living in a box in a back alley. And it had been a while since I'd had a sandwich.

"Can't you just ask your parents for a sandwich?" Monty asked me.

I suddenly got a flash in my mind. I was sitting at a green table in a park with two adults.

One was a man with glasses and brown hair. He looked overworked. I assumed that was my dad because of the glasses.