Ch.2 - You're not Whitebeard

This may be my most stupid fanfiction idea ever, but I love it, please enjoy the stupidity.

________________

Ace had just finished fighting with Jimbe when a tall old man, proclaiming to be Whitebeard, appeared in front of him. Ace however had his doubts about this....

"Who wants to take my head?"

Looking towards the booming voice, Ace saw an old man, with an impressive moustache, standing a few meters away from him. He was surrounded by about 15 other people, all varying in size. He inwardly snorted imagining them standing from tallest to shortest, all with the same moustache as the old man. ...Give Ace some slack, he fought for too long to be thinking seriously.

"Gurarara, child, you're a thousand years too e-"

"Who are you old man?"

The whole group, including the old man himself, grew quiet and a face of confusion appeared on all of them.

"... I'm Whitebeard." The old man answered, kind of stupefied at the question. The child before him just took a hold of his chin before squinting his eyes at him.

"No."

"No?"

"You're not Whitebeard. Hmmmm, I do see his ship nearby, is he behind you? You're kind of big, lots of space to hide."

"No... I... I'm Whitebeard?" The old man answered, looking to his commanders for some kind of confirmation.

"Yes, Pops, you are, we're pretty sure you're still Whitebeard." One answered in a whisper.

The old man nodded along to whatever the commander said, gaining the confidence he had somehow lost for a moment, "Yes, I'm Whitebeard. Edward Newgate, Captain of the Whitebeard Pirates."

"...Old man, I may be a child in your eyes, but I'm not stupid. You're not Whitebeard. You obviously don't have a beard, don't try to fool me."

"But... I have a moustache... A white one...."

"Huh, what does tha-" Ace suddenly thought back to when he was younger. One time when he was visiting Makino with Luffy at her bar, an old man had come in looking very proud. He was spewing some nonsense about saving the village from their sea-king, obviously not true since said sea-king was still there. But Makino went along with it, even giving the guy a beer on the house as thanks. Ace thought Makino had gone insane.

Afterwards however, she told him and Luffy about how old people sometimes get confused about things and make stuff up. 'As long as it doesn't harm anyone, you should let them have their moment of joy', is what she had said. And as an afterthought added, 'don't be rude to them'. Though, Ace was pretty sure she added it just because she was talking to him. Not that he was a rude child or anything........

The child before the Whitebeards suddenly straightened up and smiled at them. They all let out a relieved sigh, thinking the kid finally realised that he was indeed talking to the strongest man himself. Even Whitebeard stood up straighter, holding his bisento and looking proud at having convinced the kid.

"Aaah, sorry old man, I forgot my manners for a moment. Of course you're Whitebeard. Now, did you come here with someone?"

"Huh... Yea, my family."

"Great. Then where are they, I'll take you to them"

-What the hell is going on?- was the collective thought of all the Commanders.