Ch. 37 - Where are your freckles?! (Part 1/2)

It is known far and wide that Ace is a tanned and freckled hot mess.

Everyone would notice when the freckles would go missing... Right?

Or no one does... and now it's all up to Marco to find the missing freckles and place them back onto his lover's skin where they belong.

"Ace!!!"

At the call of his name, Ace swung around with a flaming fist, ready to hit whoever had snuck up behind him.

But it was too late, amidst the raging battle around him, he couldn't pinpoint the person gunning for him until his cheek was touched.

With fiery speed he swung in the direction, a slender woman dodging his attack with giggles/

"Got you~!!! Got you~!!!"

The girl giggled as she jumped away, her own crewmembers looking over and cheering for her.

Before Ace could growl and run after her, Izou and Thatch pulled him back.

"Go to the infirmary, Ace."

"What?! NO! I'm going to-"

"Ace-dear, she clearly did something, we got this covered here. Now go."

With grumbles the Raven left the battle between pirate crews to go inside to the infirmary. Making his way down and in, sitting on a bed and crossing his arms.

"Well, hello Commander." Bay walked up to the angry teen, "What got your butt lit up?"

"Shut up."

"Alright, 5 weeks no commander duties-"

Ace's eyes widened and he hurried to uncross his arms and waved to the doctor, "W-wait! I'm sorry, I swear nothing is wrong!"

Bay laughed and laughed more as their fiery commander pouted before her. "I'll decide that, now, what happened?"

"I don't know." Ace scratched the back of his head, "I was fighting of those low-life pirates when suddenly there was this woman, their captain I think. She hit... or well, it wasn't even a hit. She just tapped me and then she backed away. Giggling and singing that she got me."

The doctor hummed, "so she did something. Anything known of her devilfruit?"

"No, we didn't even know she had one."

"Alright, I'll be doing all-around tests then."

"Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy~"

"Unless you can tell me something that feels off?"

"..."

"All-around tests it is then. You already feel up for peeing in a cup?"

"... Can I get some water."

"Sure, spitfire." Bay rolled her eyes and walked away for a moment before retuning with a big cup filled with water. "Let me know when you need to go and I'll halt the other tests. And I'll put the cup with a little duck ready for you to pee in."

"B-bay!"

Chuckling she just took her stethoscope, not minding the sparks flying of Ace's cheeks. "Everyone loves the ducky cup, Ace. No need to be ashamed."

The raven just looked away, ignoring the statement. To get it all going, Bay also didn't joke at it anymore and just did all the tests. Listening to his heart, his breathing, testing reflexes, checking temperature, getting bloodwork done, getting the results from the duck cup, and so on and so on.