Ch.8 - SHINY ! ! ! (Part 2)

HERE WE ARE – Ace's POV!

"Aaaaah, that was a good meal!" petting his belly, Ace stood back up on his striker, ready to make his way back towards the Spadille.

The area they were sailing towards was known for having lots of coral reefs, the islanders at their precious docking spot had warned them that this place was notorious for ending journeys short by sinking ships. Thus, to be on the safe side, Ace had gone to scout ahead and check if the Spadille was light enough to go over or between the reefs, or if they needed to sail around. Luckily there were some parts deep enough for the Spadille to go through, while taking a break to eat his lunch, Ace had made some notes and a small drawing of the course they could take.

With everything packed away again, and with a full stomach (most important), he activated his fire again, sailing towards the Spadille at a speed no other ships could top.
Some may think it's lonely, a boat for 1, but Ace loved this. He could be alone for a while, just him and the sea taking away all of his worries, the wind blowing through his hair, splashes of sea-water hitting him every now and then, seagulls flying in the distance, a big blue fire ball closing in on him. Aaah, sailing on Striker was really relaxing, it always brought him a peace of mind.

....

....

....

FIREBALL?!

Swivelling around his eyes opened like saucers at the sight of a huge blob of fire following him.

-Wtf is that?!-

...

The sound of a bird thrilling got his attention and he looked around trying to locate it, but there was nothing besides the ball of fire..... Now that he was thinking of it... the thrill did seem to come from right behind him, from where the fire was coming from....

Upon closer inspection Ace noticed it wasn't just a fire-ball. It was a bird, a magnificent creature almost as big as him. He noticed how some fire seemed to have the shape of feathers, there wasn't only blue fire though, there was also yellow and orange and... Golden ringlets?! -The new word sure has some cool creatures!- The bird thrilled again and flapped its wings. -The wingspan is huge, wwooooow!- Ace was looking on in awe, only barely remembering to also focus on keeping his balance.

Suddenly drool was coming out of his mouth -I wonder how it tastes, heheh.... WAIT NO, BAD, BAD ACE! Don't eat all the creatures around! And... Blue fire.... Deuce told him it was hotter than him... It would probably hurt even him.... Sad.... -
He decided he couldn't eat this cool looking creature, and not just because said creature was on fire, blue fire, fire hotter than him, and definitely not because he was directly above the world's largest swimming pool, when he couldn't swim.

Wiping off his drool he continued to look at the extraordinary bird, he could at least taste with his eyes before it flew off, right?

But.... it wasn't flying away... and.... is it coming closer? Why is it coming closer? And why... why does it have a shine in its eyes as if it wants something... I have no food anymore! As if to show the bird he had nothing worthy of attention with him, he showed his empty hands that were in his pockets. Unknowingly jostling the object of the bird's desire, his beaded necklace.
The bird instantly increased speed towards him.

Once again his eyes opened wide -Ow shit, it's really coming for me!-

Turning around Ace upped his firepower, making him fly over the waves even faster than before. This should take care of that bi- -HOW IS IT EVEN CLOSER?!-