Chapter 1- The Angry Brothers

Oberoi Mansion

New Delhi

Three days later.....

The reporters were refusing to back down. They wanted a statement from Arnav. The rumor that there was an illegitimate Oberoi heir was spreading like a wild fire. The recent merger between Oberoi Group and Goinka industries was just adding fumes to the fire.

Inside the house there was a different kind of war going on between the brothers. No one was happy with the decision Arnav made and the brothers were vocal about their opinions. To top it off the boy did not help. He was arrogant and disrespectful to everybody. He made it very clear that he did not wish to be a part of their family. Arnav had called for a family meeting. He needed to release a press statement. From the past few days was busy performing his father's last right rights and taking care of unsettled business. He had put off this discussion for a long time now. It was the moment of truth.

His brothers were waiting for him in the hall. The boy was also there sitting aloof from everybody. Priyanka came in with coffee for everybody. The husband wife shared a look. Aarav was filled with guilt. What a great way to welcome a new bride. Instead of making her feel welcome and comfortable, they were burdening her with their own troubles. He wouldn't blame her if she chooses to go back home, but the woman surprised him by sticking with his family. he never loved her, but she had earned his respect.

Priyanka looked at the brothers and sighed. No one touched the coffee. They behaved like she didn't even exist. She was outnumbered here. But she knew how to make herself herd.

She smiled sweetly and said- "coffee hai, zeher nehi hai, sab pe sakte ho"

All four of them stared at her.

Aditya was the first to speak- "is ghar ka pane bhi mere leye zeher hai". The boy knew how to make an impression.

Ayushman fumed in anger- "to kisne bola pene ko? Bhuka maar, kese pade hai"

Arnav sighed. He did not plan to start the conversation with a fight.

Priyanka ignored their rant- "coffee nehi pene to maat peyo, lekin ladai maat karo. Yeh ghar hai akhada nehi"

Aditya- "acha, yeh bolne wale tum kaun hote ho?"

Arnav sternly- "mere bewi"

Aditya and Ayushman both were surprised. Aditya never heard Arnav talk and Ayushman rarely heard his brother take that tone with his family. he knew when not to cross his brother. So, Ayushman picked up the coffee and sat down.

Aditya on the other hand was just a teen, with defiance running in his very blood.

"tumhare bewi hai to kya? Yeh kaun hote hai mughe kuch kehne wale?" he asked with a lot of attitude. Arnav took a step forward, Aditya backed up two steps. Arnav ignored his actions and picked up his coffee. he could deal with the boys attitude later.  Everybody had shared their opinions, only Anirudh was sitting in absolute silence. He knew Anirudh's silence was more dangerous than the kids taunts. He sat beside Anirudh.

Arnav gently- "tu kuch nehi bolega?"

Anirudh looked at his brother. He had a lot to say, but he did not want to offend Arnav. His brother had practically raised him and Ayushman,  he was only 15 when their mother and father divorced. If not for Arnav their family would have fallen apart. It was true that he disagreed with Arnav, but he did not have the heart to go against him. which was the reason for his silence. Arnav was waiting for his answer.

Anirudh sighed- "jab apne faisla le he leya to mere kuch kehne na kehne se kya farq padta hai bhaiya?"

Arnav- "are you sure Ani? You know you can voice your opinion freely. Dekh mughe pata hai, tu mere decision se khush nehi hai, its ok to disagree with me Ani, we can discuss and sort things out"